Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my Stanza stopped accepting fuel at the gas stations. I was filling it, and it just kicked off the pump, as though it were full. The tank is very very empty however. I have tried different pumps. I have tried different angles. Put it in more, put it in less, jiggled it, held it steady, let the attendant try, upside down even. How do i begin troubleshooting this problem?

And does anyone ever visit this board?

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
AskNetGuy said:
Recently my Stanza stopped accepting fuel at the gas stations. I was filling it, and it just kicked off the pump, as though it were full. The tank is very very empty however. I have tried different pumps. I have tried different angles. Put it in more, put it in less, jiggled it, held it steady, let the attendant try, upside down even. How do i begin troubleshooting this problem?

And does anyone ever visit this board?

did you try different gas stations?? some stations pumps are more sensitive than others and think your tank is full cause of the fill tube angle. Nissan pulsars had that problem cause of the sharp fill angle some pumps would think that it was full.

·
Biru O' Kudasai
1,426 Posts
There is a vent tube in the neck which could be plugged. You could get under the car and remove it to inspect it and clear it if necessary.

Troy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
KA24Tech said:
There is a vent tube in the neck which could be plugged. You could get under the car and remove it to inspect it and clear it if necessary.

Troy
Don't want to sound ignorant.
but How/where?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gsolo said:
did you try different gas stations?? some stations pumps are more sensitive than others and think your tank is full cause of the fill tube angle. Nissan pulsars had that problem cause of the sharp fill angle some pumps would think that it was full.
i've tried at more than 6 different brands of station and at least two of each.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts