Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1992 1.6 sentra, manual trans. last month it wouldn't start after i parked it and stopped in for lunch at a nearby restaurant for a few minutes. all the dash lights came on but no sound was made except the click for the ignition. later, after it still wouldn't turn over, i jump-started it and it ran fine all the way home, about 35 miles. i tried starting it up again and the next day to no avail. i replaced the battery (it was about 10 years old), then the starter (oh, that was a fun one!) still nothing. i went around and checked all the connections looking for faulty groud wires and tightening the sh!t out of the battery connections and it started up.

now it starts but stalls immediately after firing up. the strange thing... after i put it into gear and let the clutch completely out it won't stall any more. until i turn it off and try starting again.

i've checked around the forum and found some interesting ideas about the clutch pedal switch and the IACV and ill give those looksee tomorrow but if any of you have any more ideas they would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sounds pretty ugly problem... If you are able to use fuel pressure gauge then you should see how are the pressures when you turn the key. If I remember correctly it should rise up to about 2.8 bar and after a second or two to start falling if not cranking. And when engine fires up pressure should be about 2.3 BAR and when pressing more gas it should rise up.

There is slight possibility that fuel pump relay maybe partly faulty or fuel pump but still sounds like... well... just check and double check everything. :)

I atleast would check the fuel pressures. still this sounds a bit weird.

- No-Pain -

1 - 2 of 2 Posts