Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I looked through jegs and found Stainless Works. They produce 409 stainless tubing and J-bends and U-bends and mufflers. I think I may go with a regular muffler unit OVAL for less resonance and quiet operation with a rumble. Use 2" sections and weld myself a stainless exhaust. Beats the prices of Stromung and greddy, + all 100% stainless + flanges. I am going to mimic the stock system shape and make my own. I have a welder, so I am set. just need stainess rod.
If you guys are into making your own system, these are the guys to look into.
Chris 92 classic

·
Registered
177 Posts
sunnysentra said:
Guys, I looked through jegs and found Stainless Works. They produce 409 stainless tubing and J-bends and U-bends and mufflers. I think I may go with a regular muffler unit OVAL for less resonance and quiet operation with a rumble. Use 2" sections and weld myself a stainless exhaust. Beats the prices of Stromung and greddy, + all 100% stainless + flanges. I am going to mimic the stock system shape and make my own. I have a welder, so I am set. just need stainess rod.
If you guys are into making your own system, these are the guys to look into.
Chris 92 classic
Links? Would you say these guys are preferable to JCwhitney? I am gonna go custom as well.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
www.stainlessworks.net.

They have a bunch of pieces that Jegs does not have. Lots of mandrel pieces and 90 bends and 180 bends, a bunch of different bends in a bag. Angles. You basically don't need a bender with them. They can supply about any kind of angle and bend in stainless 409. They have straights and such, sold ny the foot for about 7.00 a foot? I think, go to the site for prices, their stainless 409 mufflers in a variety of shapes are around 130. I think I can build a full stainless system for about 300.00. They also have stainless resonators, so this is also a benefit. The resonators are around 120 or so. So with resonator about 300 and 200 or less with no-res. Plus you need to weld it together of course.
Chris 92 classic

1 - 3 of 3 Posts