Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Anybody have this Door Sill cover on there X-Trail?

What are your thought of how it looks & fits?

I'm thinking about getting these, however I wished they would cover the high edge and contact the carpet as well. I notice I have to step on that high part during washing (drying) and will probably do so more often, when my Yakima Rocket box is installed.

Still they look to add some more detail to what looks to be a bland area.

Thanks

·
XTRAIL-HOLIC
2,228 Posts
Check my web site

Yep, I got them on mine. They do the job just fine and protect the plastic against scratching when I step on it to wipe the roof off.

Very easy to fit. No screws required.

ViperZ said:

Anybody have this Door Sill cover on there X-Trail?

What are your thought of how it looks & fits?

I'm thinking about getting these, however I wished they would cover the high edge and contact the carpet as well. I notice I have to step on that high part during washing (drying) and will probably do so more often, when my Yakima Rocket box is installed.

Still they look to add some more detail to what looks to be a bland area.

Thanks

·
X-Trail Moderator
902 Posts
ViperZ said:
I was finalizing the deal, and was told they are now out of stock. They should have them back instock next week.

:balls:

Viper,

are you dealing with MAxDax.com in Singapore?
if not you could also check with them.

ValBoo.

·
XTRAIL-HOLIC
2,228 Posts
Viper,

You should have ordered the door sills from Parry Nissan along with the bonnet protector to save on postage. They do have them in stock, but they will be a bit more expensive than the aftermarket ones from Maxdax.

Give Parry nissan a try and see if they can add the sills to your order before they ship it.

ViperZ said:
Thats the Him! Do you know of anybody in Canada?

Thanks Valboo

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
These are the factory ones

Much cleaner & elegant looking, however I think they would show scratches more easily. Given the price difference, I think I would go with the MaxDax ones. I do like the factory ones, however I like the utility of the MaxDax ones.

·
XTRAIL-HOLIC
2,228 Posts
Viper,

In Australia the factory ones are the ones you had a pic of in your 1st post, they're not so shiny and polished as shown in your 2nd pic above, so they don't show any signs of scratches at all.

Maxdax ones look the same, but I think they're made of different material (I'm not sure because I bought mine from a dealer in Sydney)

They're secured in place by tough glue and double-sided tape. Mine haven't moved from the day I fitted them.

There are ones on eBay that get fitted with 2 screws if you want them fitted more securely.

I paid $137 AUS for my door sills/kick plates from nissan. (set of 4)

ViperZ said:
Jalal, what is the difference between the Factory ones Parry Nissan would have and those from Maxdax? The Parry ones are twice the price :waving:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I recieved my Stainless Door Sills from Max Dax today. They installed very easily and have definitely improved the looks of that area by 1000% :thumbup:

Surprizingly that was the first area I noticed when we tested the X-Trail. I remember thinking to myself, that stock door sill looks plain and very cheap.... Not any More! :cool:

I highly recommend MaxDax http://www.maxdax.com/index.php for service and communication :thumbup:

The 2 sided tape that holds it on. An adhesion primer is included to treat the plastic to help promote sticking.

Without

With

·
X-Trail Moderator
902 Posts
looks super !

Hey Viper,

Those look really wonderful! (and as usual excellent pictures)

I'm also waiting to see those front CloudRider stainless steel screens installed... those will look awesome as well !
I will probably order those.

Just one question though... they might void your entire warranty ???
(sarcasm here ;) )

Later.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ha, ha, Thank Valboo.... ;) Wouldn't that be a holler if those door Sills voided the warranty? :jawdrop:

Thanks on the comments of my pictures too, that means a lot :cheers:

Hopefully those CloudRiders are in soon, and I can post pictures of them too.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts