Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a little help on this subject im trying to get a staggered fitment for my ride but dont really know that much bout offsets and stuff. I am looking at 18 inch wheels and yeh I know its a little stupid having wider wheels in the back of a front wheel drive car but am doing it since i haven't come across anyone that's did it yet, and hopefully I might get rich in the process and get an all wheel drive conversion. I do know the best wheel width for the front would probably be 7.5 but does anyone know the widest size wheel you can put in the back, was looking at either 8.5 or go overboard with some 9.5's. Oh yeah and I'm going to get some fender flares.

·
Now w/20% More Magic
199 Posts
running a wider tyre on the front of a fwd and narrower on the rear will help fight understeer but if you do the opposite you will create a great deal of oversteer especially if your doing front 7.5 and back 8.5-9.5 basicly when you steer, the front will cut in quickly while your back will have a small amount of travel. oversteer is a diffcult to control and i wouldnt advise you do what you plan its a bad idea.
also if i was you i wouldnt go more then a 7" wide tyre all around thats more then enough wider is not always better

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
18 inches first off is huge. wont that in its self make the steering laggy and difficult? also brakeing will be hinderd because A. the wheels are alot heavier and B. most of the braking is done up front and you have smaller tires up front.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx for the input guys, I guess my head was too high up in the clouds :( . Do you guys know of n e 1 that has attempted an all wheel drive conversion on our cars though, then I would probably do the staggered thing. Man where is the money when you want it? :mad:

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
just go to the b14 section and type in AWD.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts