Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
PowerdBySteamtoCookRice
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if a SR20VET or SR20VE would fit into a 2005 Sentra 1.8S engine layout....? Thanks...Jason :cheers:

·
Please Shift Here
6,696 Posts
Kinda difficult question, but the short answer is yes (at least for the VE).

First off, give up on the SR20VET dream right now. Unless you got endless cash flow and time to call dozens of places over seas, you're NEVER going to find an SR20VET. Turboing an SR20VE (although possible) is very complicated and delicate to tune, it could cost you more than an SR20VET. If you want to know more about a turbo VE, go to SR20forum and check out "Lance's Turbo VE."

SR20VE, SR20DE, SR20DET are all workable engines and they mount the same way. The B15 does support the SR20DE, but they canceled the production of the 2.0SE back in '03, therefore, there are no more SR20DE sentras made anymore.

You would need the block, 2000-2002 SE2.0 Sentra transmission (w/ performance package if you want LSD), and the axles. Plus the radiator, wiring harness, ECU, and the other odds and ends that make a swap possible. Other than that, the B15 is for the most part compatible with any SR-series engine.

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
if you can find an sr20vet, lmao.

yes they will. You'll spend probably $6k, at minimum, to make the swap work, with parts and labor. it'd be cheaper to go turbo at that cost.

·
PowerdBySteamtoCookRice
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
6k...what for used or new...? Assuming its used. This year or next. I'm trying to get one. My cousin lives in cali so she might know some people. But I want to be the first person to sucessfully install one in a 2005. :thumbup:
I'm looking into it right now. But i would have to go overseas to find a SR20VET? If thats so how much (estimate) do you think it would cost...? Thanks! :cheers:

·
PowerdBySteamtoCookRice
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chimmike, how come you dont put a SR20VET into your sentra..? or are you just going standard engine and going off that.

·