Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Platinum
Joined
·
462 Posts
I think it is very possible. But SR20VE motor is still hard to find. It will be expensive too. I think several people from SR20deforum did this swap successfully. I would like to do this swap also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah.. I want to do the swap, but its not really an option on a college student's budget.. maybe after I graduate and get my masters I can afford it, but then I might just buy a new car... I was just wondering.. you know in case I all of a sudden come into a large sum of money with nothing to do with..

Brad
 

·
Platinum
Joined
·
462 Posts
slvrsentra said:
I heard these engines rev like nothing. What kind of redline do these engines have how much hp, tq do they make??

THNKS
1st gen. SR20VE makes 190ps 144.7lbs/ft and new gen motor makes 204ps 151.8lbs/ft torque.

Redline is 7700rpm w 2nd gen motor.
 

·
Platinum
Joined
·
462 Posts
jingjing said:
How much price difference is the sr20de versus sr20ve?
SR20VE is still pretty expensive. You can probablly buy 2 or 3 SR20DE motor for the price of 1 VE motor. It is more expensive than DET, but I am guessing easier to install than DET, so I am guessing the DET and VE will be similar price...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
CarbonBlack200 said:


SR20VE is still pretty expensive. You can probablly buy 2 or 3 SR20DE motor for the price of 1 VE motor. It is more expensive than DET, but I am guessing easier to install than DET, so I am guessing the DET and VE will be similar price...

Maybe I will just stick with a sr20de swap then :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
slvrsentra said:
I heard these engines rev like nothing. What kind of redline do these engines have how much hp, tq do they make??

THNKS
Well I saw one dynoed that was in a NX2000. It had a header Warm air intake, and the exhaust was disconnected. It made 176hp and more than 140 torque to the wheels. Needless to say, I was impressed!
 

·
Tuner/Mechanic
Joined
·
266 Posts
yes the sr16 cams in the sr20ve will add horsepower. and you cannot get the ecu for the sr16 or sr20. you have to get JWT to reprogram an ecu for you, if you want the VVL to work that is...this is according to the sr20deforum section sr20ve. a guy in jersey is building a 220hp sr16ve and will be selling it soon. its like 3300 though, a little too much for me. but i can still dream right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so what kind of numbers could I dream of pushing with an SR20VET engine... I most likely will never have this, but I can still dream right..
Brad
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
LexKyB13 said:
you have to get JWT to reprogram an ecu for you, if you want the VVL to work that is...
You have 2 options for the VVL engagement. Spend lots of money to have JWT add a board and have no adjustability as to when the VVL engages or spend less than $100 on a set of MSD RPM switches and have unlimited adjustability.
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top