Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
:::User Illusion:::
112 Posts
91SERHondaKiller said:
How much would I be able to get a SR20DET motor for.
"One Million Dollars!!!"

Seriously, you have to check around for good prices which range from $1500 - $3300. You should try and get motor as complete as possible (to save future headace).

·
99 Problems...
331 Posts
Re: ard perf

Dreamin of 13's said:
check out www.ardperformance.com they have a good selection at good prices 2 can't be beat except for checkin around junk yards and even then. piece >dreamin
I saw that site and i would have to say their prices are easily beat by a few other companies
www.jgycustoms.com has them cheaper

Check out www.sr20deforum.com and do a search and see where people get their engines from Andreas Miko and Soko come to mind easily

O

G

·
0 Posts
Yeah I have a 96 200sx se-r and I want to sap my engine for a JDM SR20DET but from what I see there RWD. How the hell do you find a FWD or is there actually a way to convert it????

WHOA!!!

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
look for the words FF, FWD, AWD, Blue Bird, or GTI-R. Then that means you have the right motor. You can use your stock SE-R transmission.

T

·
0 Posts
place to get a motor

go to heavythrottle.com, find the phone number and give Yuri a call. Tell him Travis told you to call for a good price on a motor. He'll hook you up. Take it easy.......Mr. SE-R20DET

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Also look for Avenir. $3300?! Who's charging that? That's double the price of any I've seen. Call www.kwcengine.com and tell them you want an AWD SR20DET and you heard they can be bought for $900 and don't let them talk you up. Call several times and mention prices close to that and see what you can get one for. I think they're all foreign so communication is a drawback but if you can get through that you'll probably pick up an engine for a lot less than anywhere else. You can get JDM SR20DE engines there for under $300. Plus they offer a better warranty than most other places. 12month/12Kmiles. If you want an engine that looks as good as the day it was installed, buy one from JGY, his are clean. KWC I can't couch for, I've only seen one of their JDM's up close and personal and it was pretty dirty, VC looked as crappy as mine does with some flaked paint still on it. No FWD SR20DET's were installed from what I understand but an AWD from a BB, AVenir or GTI-R will work, like OPIUM3 pointed out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts