Nissan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Swap is slowly underway, SR20DET red top Complete motor Head,
Block, Uncut, Wiring Harness, Ecu, Intake And Exhaust Manifolds, Throttle Body, Starter, Turbo, Alternator, All The Sensors, 5spd Rwd Transmission, Ignitor chit and Maf Sensors along with (with EZ Install Kit, Greddy 3" downpipe, Act Street Clutch Kit, Greddy V SPL FMIC, Greddy Type S BOV with Hot Pipe, Walbro 255 lph Fuel pump, SVR slim battery for FMIC install, Permacool 14" Fan with adjustable thermostat, Generic Cone Filter Intake kit, Autometer Dual Gauge pillar pod, Autometer Phantom Boost and Oil Pressure Gauges, DNA Manual Boost Controller, Spark Plugs, fuel filter).

SHIBBY. It's going to take me a while to install all this stuff and I may need help and suggestions, but I just wanted to share the good news!

·
Registered
58 Posts
have fun with it! it took me and my friend 3 days to do my swap shouldn't be to bad if you have some friends and the internet handy for wiring diagrams. it's very easy swap if you can follow directions. good luck.

·
i'm an asshole
1,859 Posts
lol @ ignitor chit

if the wiring is already done you can finish the swap in a day or two. good luck though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
How much is all that going to cost? Is it going to be under 3800? There is a shop here in town that will swap the whole thing for me, all I would have to do is provide intercooler, and it would be in car ready to go for 3800. I was wondering is that a good deal? Or should I just do it myself?

·
i'm an asshole
1,859 Posts
if thats not including the motorset, you might as well pull your pants down and bend over, cause thats what they'll be doing to you. my friend's shop does them for $800 with any parts you want installed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey JDM where you got the handy wiring .. lol the best i have found is the one on FC's (heavy throtle..) but doesnt say much :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
one of two things,3k and up is way too much for an sr swap.and its real easy.pull out the old one and drop in th new one.bam,you swapped the engine.now the second thing,if your going to have someone do your wiring i suggest you send it to this guy,by the name of taylor durdan he is a nissan tech.only reason i vouch for him is because he did mine and it came out 100% perfect not a problem.now if you send it to wiring specialties your probably going to get back junk and are going to have to wait about 3 months for it.pm me if you need his number

1 - 10 of 10 Posts