Nissan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to buy a dual stage boost controller and crank my boost up to about 13. I want to know which head gasket I need to get. I planned on upgrading my turbo eventually and going for 300 rwhp.

·
Pivot 180
2,258 Posts
you dont need a metal head gasket for 13psi. I would suggest a FMIC though.
For 300whp go for an HKS or similar metal head gasket. Avoid copper.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Joel said:
you dont need a metal head gasket for 13psi. I would suggest a FMIC though.
For 300whp go for an HKS or similar metal head gasket. Avoid copper.
If you checked out my AWESOME :rolleyes: car in my link, you would see that I've got a huge greddy front mount. Thanks man, I appreciate your input.

·
Pivot 180
2,258 Posts
If you want to cheat... go to a hose fitting shop and ask for an adjustable air bleed valve. If you show them the application they will know what you need. They dont cost much at all - maybe $20?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Joel said:
If you want to cheat... go to a hose fitting shop and ask for an adjustable air bleed valve. If you show them the application they will know what you need. They dont cost much at all - maybe $20?
Yeah, im too lazy to switch from high boost to low boost by popping my hood. Not to mention my car already spins too much in first, and thru second. And my car DESTROYS gas.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Joel said:
Your accelerator is the ultimate boost controller. Want to run less boost? dont push it down as far.
I'm trying to go faster though. I would like to keep the accelerator all the way down. I don't floor it everywhere. Most of the time I don't even run any boost. I do love hearing my BOV though. So I gotta give it some throttle every once in a while.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts