Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys my friends and I just bought a 89' 240sx coupe as a project car. does anyone have any information on where we could get a sr20det?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm not sure where you are but venus-auto in sacramento,ca is a pretty good
shop. They have very competitive prices too.
www.venus-auto.com
they have been having some server problems but just e-mail them for a price if you dont see one.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Kouki S14 said:
I'm not sure where you are but venus-auto in sacramento,ca is a pretty good shop. They have very competitive prices too.
Great customer service if you deal with Vickie, otherwise decent. Delivery was quick and everything was included, but my motor was absolute garbage. I have had several friends get chitty motors from them, and a couple more get clean motors. This is the risk you take getting a used motor, obviously.

But if it has oil gunk all over the front of the engine, refuse it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2Fass240us said:
but my motor was absolute garbage. I have had several friends get chitty motors from them, and a couple more get clean motors. This is the risk you take getting a used motor, obviously.

what made the motor absolute garbage?

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
............it was burnt out, extremly high mileage, was banged on by the owner over seas, never taken care of.............was stolen, blah blah blah, the normal stuff that makes anengine bad. granted you could rebuilt the motor (unless the block is cracked) but that would be very expencive. can you have these dealers send you pics and then choose the exact motor you want?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Like i said in the other forum, once my Front clip is delivered i'm looking to sell it, changed my mind. 2600 for s13 redtop sr20det front clip. Supposed to be here next week.

·
Registered
319 Posts
sporty2forty said:
what made the motor absolute garbage?
The shortlist:
> Baked on oil. Everywhere.
> Scuffed cams
> Bad exhaust valve guides.
> Cylinder wall scuffing.
> Rod and main bearings bad (obvious damage).
> Extremely-abused OS Giken twin-plate
> Dirty as hell.

It is very obvious that the motor was exposed to prolonged oil starvation, which is the primary reason I have to rebuild it. After having spent ~$3,000 on a complete rebuild, I'm kinda wishing I bought a nicer motor (clip) to start with. On the upside, the rebuilding experience has been invaluable! :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts