Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have an 1990 automatic and am planning the sr20det swap. should i go to the junkyard first and purchase a stickshift tranny? if i should is there any wiring that needs to come along with the tranny and any other parts? also since i have the sohc does the tranny need to come from and sohc or it doesnt matter. or another possibility/question is if the 91-94 ka engines drops right?

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
joarif said:
hey i have an 1990 automatic and am planning the sr20det swap. should i go to the junkyard first and purchase a stickshift tranny? if i should is there any wiring that needs to come along with the tranny and any other parts? also since i have the sohc does the tranny need to come from and sohc or it doesnt matter. or another possibility/question is if the 91-94 ka engines drops right?
You don't need a manual tranny from a KA if you're doing SR swap. The SR swap will come with a 5-speed. You need car components, such as the clutch pedal, clutch master cylinder, hydraulic clutch fluid reservoir, and clutch line. And all KA's drop into all 240's.

·
Registered
104 Posts
you will need the sr motor/tranny clutch master cylnder, slave cylnder, clutc pedal (and brake if you don't cut your auto one) , SR tranny crossmember, SR Drive shaft, Your clutch Hardlines, A shifter if one dosent come with tranny, .. I think thats all but I migth have misssed a few

1 - 3 of 3 Posts