Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Umm guys how hard would this be, putting a sr20det into the nissan 200 se sx that first had a ga16de?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i plan on doing the work myself
i was just woundering if there is any major problems i would run into

·
Registered
38 Posts
As long as you have all the hookups (ECU, Harness, motor mounts, etc.) the only problem I've heard of is the crossmember under the car needs to be bent out of the way....no one ever gave a procedure on how to do that though.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whats needed after you get the motor? Trans?? Axle???

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i hate to say it, but it was tough... there's so many things that break, bend, or just simply go missing... me and my boys tried to perform the transplant... and we just simply gave up... we ended up not installing the turbo... the intercooler piping had to be custom-made or the hood modified... we're gonna try again in a few weeks and hopefully we finish... we're gonna just relocate the intercooler to the front of the radiator...

·
Registered
87 Posts
how much?

how much did the whole swap cost. I too would like to do most of the work myself.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: how much?

dookie said:
how much did the whole swap cost. I too would like to do most of the work myself.

the whole swap is about $25 000... that's the motor, trans, wiring harness, reprogrammed ecu, pistons, connecting rods, crankshaft, custom cabonfiber oilpan, t4 turbo, apex intercooler, custom intercooler piping, and enough electronic controllers, sensors, and guages to monitor the space shuttle...

that's not including body work, suspension work, and chassis work... it's all good though... we're almost done and my girlfriend is still around... hahaha...

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
$25,000 or $2500.00.........I hope you didn't blast $25,000 on a nissan 200sx and if so, who's doing the work so i can personally take a flight to Chicago and charge them with ripping you off....

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Even if you're a rich kid or make big bucks, That is too much loot on even a drag car. Just tell me you made a TYPO and you really spent $2500.............

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea that is alot of money, you shuould have just bought 1990 240 and done the conversion it would have been much cheaper

·
Hang out wit yo Wang out!
546 Posts
Well I heard the cheapest you can get that engine for is $2,500.00 so maybe that's what he paid for the engine. But he is right about all that stuff you have to do to put it in, New everything. I don't think it's worth it if your car is an everyday driver. If it's just your project ride, then go for it. But my SE is my main source of transpo. But whatever floats your boat...

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
first off... it's not a typo... about half the money was spent on shipping charges, registration, and emissions exemptions... all installs have been done by me and my team... the whole car from front to back is street legal... too bad the car is in the philippines right not getting an eight-point rollcage, and being setup to run in a rally... taking the car from the north part of the country to the south... hehe:D

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up with the rally racing thing. But a 200sx?? And rally racing? This I got to see!! but hey, if you got it flaunt it man cuz' I ain't hatin' (No Sir-ee buddy) $25,000 on a 200sx, I got to tell my boys about this one.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts