Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys think i should trust a SR20DET from ebay? Because the ones from other companies are like $1000 more expensive. I found some for like $2500.

Is it worth it to save some money?

Also, Is there like a kit for all the parts needed for the install? I know phase2motortrend probably has the parts but not kitted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
ks0385 said:
Do you guys think i should trust a SR20DET from ebay? Because the ones from other companies are like $1000 more expensive. I found some for like $2500.

Is it worth it to save some money?

Also, Is there like a kit for all the parts needed for the install? I know phase2motortrend probably has the parts but not kitted.
Ive been in the Nissan game for 3 days (yeah) and found many many sites selling front clips and engine swaps anywher4 from $1100 to $2500. The big thing seems not to be the engine and tranny (since those are relatively abundant) but getting the supporting systems like the ignitor chip, uncut wiring harness, etc. Do what you think is more appropriate for your budget.

Rich

·
Registered
319 Posts
I wouldn't buy an engine from eGay unless it was one of the bigger names like Phase2, HeavyThrottle, etc.

If at all possible, you should only buy one you can look at in person. Either watch them package it for you, or take something to haul it back in. If I had followed this advice, I wouldn't have spent $3,000 rebuilding a motor from a $2,700 clip.

-Andy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts