Nissan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will a sr20det computer work on my ga16de i was wondering this because with the maf meter for that motor i would i still need it re programmed for a turbo

·
Have I Hit 12's Yet?
5,325 Posts
it will bolt into place but thats all.

·
wont go any faster?
475 Posts
labrat said:
i believe u but any reasons y
heres what i think its 2 different motors with most likely many different sensors. the ignition and fuel delivery is probably different and i bet it wont plug in. but you cant quote me on this i have not done my studies on ecu's

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
labrat said:
i believe u but any reasons y
I want to know what made you think an ECU for a totally different engine would work on yours?

I mean, by that mode of thinking, I could go get an ecu from the 350z and use it in my car. Does that make much sense to you?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
chimmike said:
I want to know what made you think an ECU for a totally different engine would work on yours?

I mean, by that mode of thinking, I could go get an ecu from the 350z and use it in my car. Does that make much sense to you?

i work at a body shop that does tech work too and we did a motor swap on a ford that started with a v6 manual and we put an v8 auto in it and the same computer worked i m not too fimmialar with imports
and i could get the ecu from the 2.0 and try it and if it didnt work i could give it back because of my shop's junkyard connections

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
labrat said:
i work at a body shop that does tech work too and we did a motor swap on a ford that started with a v6 manual and we put an v8 auto in it and the same computer worked i m not too fimmialar with imports
and i could get the ecu from the 2.0 and try it and if it didnt work i could give it back because of my shop's junkyard connections
Save your time, it won't work as the others have stated. At least it won;t be plug and play. Not to mention what is the benefit?

·
Drifting is for amatures
1,578 Posts
labrat said:

uhhh.. no you didnt

a V6 auto ecu has only 6 outputs for injectors... there is NO way to have it work.. sorry.. pay the 600$ and get a JWT

·
Registered
385 Posts
i have tried a b13 se-r ecu on my b13 ga16 and it starts up fine and revs fine...and you ask why have i tried this? because the sr20 ecu starts off with a better fuel map and has the higher rev limit, i have some ideas that havent been worked out but i plan on using the se-r ecu with emanage once everything is worked out..i know jim wolf is very good but im just trying other alternatives

·
Drop-Out
1,892 Posts
se_nismo said:
i have tried a b13 se-r ecu on my b13 ga16 and it starts up fine and revs fine...and you ask why have i tried this? because the sr20 ecu starts off with a better fuel map and has the higher rev limit, i have some ideas that havent been worked out but i plan on using the se-r ecu with emanage once everything is worked out..i know jim wolf is very good but im just trying other alternatives
Yes the SR ECU has a higher rev limiter but whats the point if you lose power after 6200 with the stock cams, your just taking the chance of killing the engine

·
Registered
385 Posts
Nismo1997 said:
Yes the SR ECU has a higher rev limiter but whats the point if you lose power after 6200 with the stock cams, your just taking the chance of killing the engine
no this will be used on jim wolf turbo cams, thats why i want the higher rev limit

·
Registered
385 Posts
wes i havent actually gotten a chance to drive the car yet i just had a chance to start it and rev it with no problems at all so im not sure how the vtc will be affected but i will keep you posted

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Chuck said:
uhhh.. no you didnt

a V6 auto ecu has only 6 outputs for injectors... there is NO way to have it work.. sorry.. pay the 600$ and get a JWT
it was cauberated i think it was luck that it worked

·