Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks

I been working the last couple of days on a S15 SR20Det From a Silvia, The Engine is a fresh install into a BMW E30.
The engine has been wired up, Has spark, Has power to the injectors, All the grounds been connected, Fuelpump wired and working.

The engine will start on start gas, but only for a few secs.

It seems to me it doesnt get any gas at all, but im at a loss on how to troubleshoot any further since im not familiar with this engine at all.

Theres a couple of what i assume is vacuum solenoids that is not hooked up, nor do i find any power for them, I have no clue what they are for or how important they are. One of them looks like a black cannister, and the other two looks like a solenoid on a bracket with a electric connector on. Can someone enlighten me on what they are and if they are needed to be hooked up?

I also noticed today when i left work one of the big silicone hoses between the mass airflow sensor and the intake had a big gap in it and not sealing the hose, could this be enough for it not to run at all? I would assume it at least should run a little, but then again im unfamiliar with this engine.

Any tips on how to troubleshoot further is greatly appriciated.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,165 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts