Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since both engine are from the same family i figure the heads should match up with a sr20de and a sr16ve. I mean if you could get that really strong bottom end from the de and the crazy top end from the ve hhhhmmmm.. let me ponder that. Face it, it would be awesome. plus the 16ve head would also raise the compression some right?? Eaither way my main questions is does the head from the ve match the de?? If you it would be much cheaper to get a de block and ve head.

Thanks for all the reply's and help ahead of time. :)

CORY

·
Registered
672 Posts
James said:
no, different engine. all it shares is that it's a 1.6 (i might share like little things but the dimensions are different)
oh great! and there i went and got all excited!

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Hehe, I had this idea about 3 years ago, but with a twist...N1 head. I would really like to see this question answered even though I am going a different way.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I will work if you think about it. Reading sport compact car mag they had a article on the rod ratio. they only dfference between the sr20ve and the sr16ve is the rod ratio. the sr20ve has a shorter throw so that what makes it a 1.6 I dunno just by doing the head swap with actually net you some serious hp gains. Maybe a little more with the so called vtec but isn't the hig compression from the pistons and stroke?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i just found out that the heads on the 20ve and 16ve are the same cc. so there for no increase in compression. But the n1 head has a bigger compression but i dont know about the head design. I would like the try this but the problem is finding a ve head period.

CORY

1 - 8 of 8 Posts