Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well...my car starts...but it will not stay running. it will idle up to about 1500 rpms real quick, then drop back down to about 500. then it bounces between 300 and 800 rpms for about 3 or 4 seconds then dies. :mad: i do know quite a bit about cars. and i have a couple friends that do too. and we CANNOT figure out whats going on. plugs, wires, distributor, cap and button, alternator, starter, and fuel pump are all brand new! any help or advice would be greatly appreciated :confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well the egr valve was not the problem. i took it off and plugged the hole and all other vacuum lines but nothing happened. im still having the same problem.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,214 Posts
OK, then check the fast idle cam. The idle speed may be set too low. Also look for any major vacuum leaks like cracks in the intake plenum bellows.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i tried all that shit. nothing happened. it actually got worse. it wont start at all now. i took my plenum off and my fuel rail and cleaned the entire thing. injectors and all. WTF!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
its going to be your tps sensor that doesnt let you idle right replace it that happened to my b13 se-r 91 i replaced it and there

1 - 6 of 6 Posts