Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have an assoirment of pictures and i think i addressed the questions in them. the main questions about the pics is if the stuff can be taken off if its all part of the egr system. And what is that thing that goes into the block? it doesnt have oil or anything. this seems to be a usdm motor but it came with a jdm ecu, it has a red sticker with a 64 on it. thanks for any input.

·
Because Size Matters
1,260 Posts
I'll take pics in the morning...the thing going into the block IS important so I'll show you how to reroute that. All the other stuff you circled can be removed. The "what the hell is it?" thing is basically an oil catch and emissions junk.
The last pic....you will remove that and block off the parts on the intake (or get the JDm manifold and that will have no ports for that pipe)
Yes it is a USDM engine or it wouldn't have the EGR stuff on it and the back and silver also helps a little.

Hope that helps and again I'll take pics tomorrow..

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that would be fricken awsome if you showed me how to get that junk off, i dont have emissions so i dont care. too much vacuum for my liking lol

·
Because Size Matters
1,260 Posts
I'd be happpy to. I have to work tomorrow so I'll probably get the pics around lunch time. ( I use my work computer and camera)
I'll get as good of pics as I can for ya.
thats the nice thing about IA. No emissions. :)

·
Because Size Matters
1,260 Posts
I wouldn't plug it. It looks like your missing a metal tube....do this. Take the hose at the top of this picture and get a hose long enough to route it down to that pipe on the block.

as you can see..I've got a metal pipe coming from that port on the valve cover. You should have that also and you see how I've routed it down to that port in the block. Thats the best way to do it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
The oil seperator on the block is there for a reason. You gain nothing by taking it off.

·
Because Size Matters
1,260 Posts
LoL sure you do...your engine compartment looks better :D
Actually if your removing your EGR then there is no reason to leave those parts on the car. You can do a simple re-route of your PCV piping and all is well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts