Nissan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
a lot. Type R's make 190hp stock at the crank. you'll need somewhere around 150-160whp to beat one.

·
8,328 Posts
C3 cams with JWT springs and retainers, Greddy rocker arm stoppers, JWT ecu with higher redline, JWT cam gears, Hotshot Gen 6 header, cold air intake, 2.5" cat back exhaust..............that would prolly do it.

·
Right By DA Beach....
1,842 Posts
Yeah but how much TQ does the Type R put down stock? Then Compare...I say with less you could take it...:)

·
8,328 Posts
doesn't matter the torque, it destroys in top end, lol.

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
chimmike said:
C3 cams with JWT springs and retainers, Greddy rocker arm stoppers, JWT ecu with higher redline, JWT cam gears, Hotshot Gen 6 header, cold air intake, 2.5" cat back exhaust..............that would prolly do it.
Make that 3" exhaust, adjusted cam timing and a 3" CAI like hotshot. 170 whp to 166 Type R whp with more torque and less weight. Bye Bye type r.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have a JDM SR20DE and i can hang with a type-R until mid 2nd gear then he kills me. All i have is intake and exhaust and ECU (the wrong ECU)

·
Red line chaser
814 Posts
Primeredb13 said:
type-rs have way more top end than sr20de's
Cams can change that in a hurry, especially C3's.

I had a JWT POP charger, JWT ECU, s4 cams, $tillen header, GReddy exhaust, an upgraded clutch, lightened OEM flywheel, and Nitto 555R drag radials the last time I went to the track with my 200. I raced two Type R's, one stock with a CAI and exhaust, and another with unknown mods, but definitely more than the first. I killed the first one (14.49 to a 14.88) and lost to the second one (14.40 to his 14.19) by 2 tenths.

The above mentioned package would definitely be able to do the job once dialed in properly. Mix in a T28 bolt on turbo kit and several pounds of boost and you'll be able to pull on JR supercharged Type R's. :cheers: Or you could opt for the VE swap with minor bolt ons and pull on Type R's with the same bolt ons. :cheers:

·
Registered
95 Posts
sweet. How much do cams usually run? Does a pop charger do a lot of good? i have a JWT one sitting on my garage floor and i dont know if i wanna put it on or not

·