Nissan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have totally enjoyed reading all of your posts in this area. And i have learned a lot about my 87 sentra (sadly untill now i didnt take much notice in my sentra but now my excitment is sparked)

i have an 87 sentra i bought from a friend just to help him out with money and i didnt take much notice in it i lent it to my brother to use while he was between cars. Now he has no use for it and i have found insperation (thanks hybrid)

What i would like is some info an lots of help with my idea.
i would like to fit a manual EFI sr20de into my 87 sentra. I have found the engin and trans for a grand but before i commit myself i want to know if it will work and if i do the work myself what am i looking at in cost

i am really greatfull for any information on this

thanks

lost

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Hybrid and a few others are experts in this department!

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have just found the thread that is about an 87 b12 but i would like to have more detail of the install and parts from the doner car

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe this is all the parts you need:
Engine (91-94 preferrably) w/ mounts + one body mount
Transmission w/mount and LSD (91-97)
Axles (make sure they match the trani)
Wiring harness
ECU (91-94: no OBD crap on the 95+)
Crossmember (i've seen a few for sale online somewhere also)
SER Brakes (optional: you can press replace the b12 hub with a b13 hub and use the b12 brakes)

This was the list of parts that hybrid DET gave me for the SR20DE motor swap. You can read more about his swap at nissanperformancemag.com or e-mail him for more info and some insight on the swap. You'll also need the radiator and mounts from an SER as well to prevent overheating. I've never done the swap, but from what hybrid has told me, it's a pretty difficult swap. Fabrication of mounts is required, and the wiring is a nightmare. That I can attest to because I'm currently doing a motor swap to a Jspec 4AGZE motor in my brother's corolla, and the wiring is definetly not a walk in the park. You should really have a firm grasp of mechanical know-how, patience and a bottle of aspirin before attempting a motor swap.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
You should really have a firm grasp of mechanical know-how, patience and a bottle of aspirin before attempting a motor swap.
Especially if you've never done a nissan swap before!

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
The metal bracket under your car that bolts up below the radiator support and extends to the lower portion of the firewall.

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
the engine wont fit over it... scrubing will occur youll scrap the pan or the hood wont close at all.... maybe you can cut some of it ar have a custom one made up...

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
why is it have to be replaced?
The SR20 has a torque mount (front) and the rear engine mount that bolts to is supported by this crossmember. The regular sentra and all pulsars crossmembers are used to stabilize the frame because the mounts are are bolted to the chasis of the car as opposed to the SR being bolted to the crossmember.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
You get someone to position that SR20 cross member and you eliminate two of the four headaches (mounts). The tranny side wouldn't be so bad and actually I found a way to keep the SR20 into a B12 (at least the passenger side mount) a complete bolt in deal. Email me if interested.........

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Heh, is the crossmember important? I haven't gotten around to putting mine back in yet in my B12. Maybe that's why my engine is rockin around like mad. ;)

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Heh, is the crossmember important?
It's very important! I didn't have mine on when I had my accident which resulted in more damage because the front/center portion of the frame is a flimsy as the old floppy disks. That crossmember will stabilize the front clip by securing it to more a rigid porton of the car. The only reason I had mine off was become I was customizing my 3" downpipe and it was toucing the cross member.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I used the b12 crossmember in my swap and just welded up the mount to the crossmember. Sorry, Don't have any pics. How's your project coming boost boy? I'm hoping to be in the 11's within the next few months. I'll keep everyone posted. Gonna suck getting kicked off the track for no 6-point or scatter shield. Oh, the pains ;o)

John

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
That's what you want to happen;)

·
Moderator/ NPM staff
522 Posts
Nismodriver said:
I used the b12 crossmember in my swap and just welded up the mount to the crossmember. Sorry, Don't have any pics. How's your project coming boost boy? I'm hoping to be in the 11's within the next few months. I'll keep everyone posted. Gonna suck getting kicked off the track for no 6-point or scatter shield. Oh, the pains ;o)

John
Hey that would be a damn proud moment for all of us.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts