Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone plz tell me why the sr20de in the 200sx se-r has less HP (140aprox.)than the sr20de in the s14 sylvia (160aprox.)?

If you know, can you also tell me how i can get those 20 or so extra horsies in my engine?

Has anyone seen that s15 sylvia varietta, thats a sweet azz ride...:eek: (drooling)?

Anyway if you can answer my question plz help!!!... thx!

·
Platinum
462 Posts
NVCS

Intake NVCS (valiable valve timing control) is the reason. S14/S15 SR20DE has it and any FWD SR20 does not have it (except SR20VE's VVL system). NVCS is the old school valiable valve timing system and B14's GA16DE motor came with it. Another reason is the compression ratio. JDM S14/S15 came with higher compression (10.0:1) than US spec SR20 (9.5:1). Those two are the reason why S14/S15 Silvia SR20DE has 20 extra HP.

Oh, BTW, S15 SR20DE motor is 165HP.

See the bump where I pointed? This is where the NVCS sits. This is the S15 Silvia Autech version's 200HP SR20DE engine. I know.....

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
what the horsepower on the FWD Sr20DET ? and does n-e-one know how much it would cost to get it?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx for the answer carbon... u rock! Can you tell me where to find the specs on that 200 hp sr20 you pictured and/or some info on how to tune my sr20 to those specs... something in english (stuff i found is mostly in japanese).

·
Platinum
462 Posts
The ultimate SR20DE

I had no luck finding it in English either. But since I can read Japanese, I'm going to translate for you.

These are the differences.

Higher Compression:
This 200HP SR20DE comes with high compression pistons. They raise the CR up to stock 10.0:1 to 11.7:1.

Exhaust System:
Nissan developed the exhaust headers with Fujitsubo. They are equal length stainless steel 4 to 1 headers. It comes with larger catback exhaust system too. Main pipe is same as SR20DET equipped Spec R, and it has Autech version original muffler.

Cams & tuned NVCS:
Those cams are higher lift and larger overlap. They special tuned the NVCS to match those cams so still has good low and mid end torque.

ECU:
Autech version ECU has different fuel map, and different ignition timing program. Rev limitter is also raised from 7200 -> 7500rpm.

Sodium filled valves:
Higher reving engine generates more heat. These sodium filled valves will reduce the heat increase inside the head. Those help to burn the fuel better.

Nismo Lightweight flywheel & heavy duty clutch:
For quicker rev, Autech changed to billet lightweigt flywheel. Heavy duty clutch is probablly the same one used for Spec R (turbo). Also, this Silvia Autech comes with 6-speed manual transmission.

I drove couple S15 Silvias when I was in Japan and one of that was non turbo SR20DE (165hp). I wasn't very impressed with the performance though.. I would love to take that Autech version for a spin. :)

·
Registered
389 Posts
WOW Carbonblack, you sure know alot about the SR20. So what do you have?

·
Platinum
462 Posts
oh.... please

sr20racer said:
WOW Carbonblack, you sure know alot about the SR20. So what do you have?
What do I have? Oh come on! I really hate that question. GA16po$. Probablly 40hp at the wheel.
Doing years of SR20 research probablly built up my useless knowledge about SR20. This is what happens when I really want something.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Oh sorry man, didn't see the 18 sec club sig. Should of known. My bad.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NVCS?

is it possible to get an nvcs on a fwd sr20de or will it only work with rwd?

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
and how many ponies do we get with the FWD SR20DET

·
Platinum
462 Posts
Re: NVCS?

devious_kid said:
is it possible to get an nvcs on a fwd sr20de or will it only work with rwd?
It is probablly not possible. RWD SR20DE head probablly won't fit on FWD block. look at the picture and see where the distributer is. I don't think that's going to work at all. But it would be nice to have a couple more extra HP with NVCS on FWD motor. I don't know why, but Nissan choose not to use it.

LIUSPEED, your question will be answered in Forced Induction forum.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
thank you ! that all i needed 2 know.. jes lazy

·
Registered
41 Posts
now..... it would be interesting to take a se-r and MAKE it rear wheel... take alot of modifications... but I would like to see it done...

·
Registered
185 Posts
LIUSPEED said:
and how many ponies do we get with the FWD SR20DET
There is no such thing as a FWD SR20DET. They are all equipped on AWD platforms. Fortunately for us they are an almost 100% direct swap (3 bolts don't get used).

For answers to your questions, go to the forced induction forum.

·
Registered
21 Posts
if u want a few more ponies then y not get a FWD jdm SR20DE from a primera? i believe they register at 160 as well

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
back to the original ?

ok so now i ask, what gives the jdm primera fwd sr20de the extra 20hp that the us sr20de is lacking?
Also can some1 tell me what egr stands for... i'm lost.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts