Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello peolple, well, i`m invloved in a very interesting proyect, a bugy baja 1000 class 10 car, right now the car has a bettle 1600 cc engine, running with a weber 44, but now, the owner want`s more power, of course, I adviced the sr20de, so it`s on it`s way, I made a setup for that engine, I need to know what you think peolple..

-Stock JDM sr20de.
-custom base and housing for the weber 44.
-the carb base is going to be plugged to the stock intake of the sr20de with a coupler..
-MSD 6 AL with Accel spark plug wires set to 7000 rpm.
-custom made or maybe some hot shot 2 1/2 headers.
-a flow master exhaust.
-A breaker less distribuitor and an adapter to make it fit on the head.
-custom made adapter plate for the bug tranny.
-stock sr20de flywheel and clutch.
-aluminum Radiator with 2 very big fans.

I have calculated that the weber delivers 550 cc of gas per minute, so it can be compared with the 257cc that the stock inyectors delivers, I know that EFI it`s better but for the category this car is going to run, does not allow EFI, a higher category does, so, the next setup will be.

-JDM SR20DE motor.
-forged pistons with 10.5:1 or 11:1 CR.
-bigger oil pump.
-EFI of course..
-370cc inyectors.
-Greddy fuel controller with the EO1 or JWT reprogramed ECU.
-Nology wires.
-valve Job with some porting and polish.
-metal head gasket.

remember that this angines are runnning at least 12 hrs at WOT under heavy pressure, hill, sand, etc., so it`s a perfect choice to run an sr20de.

Question: with the fisrt setup, I`ve calculated some 180 hp with some 177 of torque, maybe some more, i need you to tell me what you guys think.

About the second setup, wheel it`s going to take time and money, so we are going to start working on that next year, before the new race season..

·
Registered
126 Posts
Before I started my b11 project I was planning on doing something similar. To swap a sr20de and put a twin webber 45 setup, but I went with the sr20ve. About you project I think it should run great, but what kind of adapter are you putting to that tranny?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a custom made adapter plate, to attached the bus tranny to the sr20de, actualy, I think kenedy motor sports do those kind of adapter plate, but since we have all the equipment and great engineer, we are going to do it.... the engine it`s coming in 2 weeks..

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for your help..

The adaptor plate is a work in progress, the engine is in tucson, we are going for it in 2 weeks cuz on april 30, we are going to rocky point ( Puerto Peñasco ), to race the rock to rock 250 miles race, after that the swap will begin, the custom base adapter for the weber is ready, let me show you the car, please keep posting, I really need your supprot, thanks..

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hell yeah!!!! But I just this race to end to tekae off the bugy 1600 cc engine, and install the sr20de, I can`t wait to start that mother F:......, ìf all goes right, it`s going to be one hell of a car.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts