Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if i could pull all the egr stuff off my sr20 and make block plates to cover the holes, would it work ok if i did this because the egr system looks very complicated and i dont want to hastle with it when i put it in my car, thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but i can take all that stuff off and as llong as i block the hole on the intake manifold i will be ok right?

·
Because Size Matters
1,260 Posts
It's a very commonly done thing here....people have differnt ways of doing it.
I personally got a JDM intake manifold (which has no EGR setup on it) and used the proper sized bolts to plug the bung on the exhaust manifold and rerouted my vacuum lines to acomodate(sp?).

Some people choose to make blockoff plates and that works for them.

Keep an eye on your engine temp as it will go up because of the lack of EGR. Also, you'll most likely obliterate your converter as your engine temps hotter and ruin it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was just out playin with the engine and i have it on a stand. i was blowing on loose vacuum lines and one made water go into the throttle body, its all tied in with the egr via vacuum lines, theres also some kick valve and canister on the front all migled together if anyone has an idea i can get pics. thanks

·
Because Size Matters
1,260 Posts
I'll take some close up pics of what I've done in the morning. I don't want to try to describe it in a thread....

·
Because Size Matters
1,260 Posts
I had problems with my old manifold so this one isn't the one with the bolts...just plugged hoses......

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i need to know what all i can take off and what i need to do with stuff that is left like the hole that goes into the block

1 - 9 of 9 Posts