Nissan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if i could pull all the egr stuff off my sr20 and make block plates to cover the holes, would it work ok if i did this because the egr system looks very complicated and i dont want to hastle with it when i put it in my car, thanks

·
Because Size Matters
1,873 Posts
It's a very commonly done thing here....people have differnt ways of doing it.
I personally got a JDM intake manifold (which has no EGR setup on it) and used the proper sized bolts to plug the bung on the exhaust manifold and rerouted my vacuum lines to acomodate(sp?).

Some people choose to make blockoff plates and that works for them.

Keep an eye on your engine temp as it will go up because of the lack of EGR. Also, you'll most likely obliterate your converter as your engine temps hotter and ruin it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was just out playin with the engine and i have it on a stand. i was blowing on loose vacuum lines and one made water go into the throttle body, its all tied in with the egr via vacuum lines, theres also some kick valve and canister on the front all migled together if anyone has an idea i can get pics. thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.