Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 2006 nissan sentra ser auto. does anyone know if it is possible to fit an sr20det in this car? and where to buy it cheap??

·
Registered
790 Posts
i got a 2006 nissan sentra ser auto. does anyone know if it is possible to fit an sr20det in this car? and where to buy it cheap??
In all honesty, it's gunna cost a pretty penny, but yes it's possible.
A SR20DET has been done from a 1.8, but not from a QR to a SR20.
You could swap the 6spd LSD into your car, then go the turbo route from there on the QR

·
Registered
973 Posts
Just find a 00-01 Sentra SE 2.0 with the SR20DE and take everything from it and swap it into yours. Then turbo it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 02 sentra SE-R and i was thinkin the same, im sure its a blot on swap but i had a question about my tranny, I wonder if i can use my stock tranny? I dont know where you live but torontojdm.com has an sr20det engine only for 900$US, thats where i planned on gettin mine.

·
Registered
215 Posts
my friend was in the process of doing this on his SER spec v. unfortunately he got shipped to iraq so its on hold. he got the trans from a G20 with LSD and got the engine from a W11 he just didnt buy the trans cause it is awd and he is getting the crossmember from me. i dont know all the details but this is what i know

·
Super Moderator
1,065 Posts
why does everyone try to put "cheap" and "performance" into one sentence. People are broke and expect miracles i guess.

Anyway, Yes you can put a FWD SR20DE, VE, DE-T into your car. You would need a trans, wiring harness, axles, etc etc. Might want to look more into what your looking to get out your car and start from there. Also you would need to 5 speed swap FIRST cause the auto trans cant handle boost. Boosting the 2.5 is always an option, they make real good power at low boost pressure and are just as streetable as the SR, not as strong internally but good motors.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Also, do some research. The B15 SR20's have a different valvetrain (cam on bucket) then the old SR20's (rocker arms). Even thought this doesn't matter in this swap, some people I know who did this swap bought 'SR' parts made for the B15 SR and were pissed when it was the wrong pieces.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts