Nissan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had JGY customs do their harness conversions? I was looking at wiring specialties but they want $280 and JGY only wants $150
thanks alot
-Danny

·
Registered
58 Posts
if your asking about someone cutting your wires then matching them up to the right ones and saudering them together? you can do it yourself it took me 20min. for the engine harness and the interior ecu harness. not worth spending that much. if you want later i can post up what wires go to which one if you're putting this into a 240sx.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sure, that would be great but I dont have the harnesses yet. Also arent there sections that need to be lengthened and stuff? thanks a lot
-Danny

·
i'm an asshole
1,859 Posts
if its an S13 SR going into an S13, its easy as shit. but if you really don't want to do it yourself, then you could find someone to do it for no more than $100.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its an S13 blacktop goin in a '95 S14
you think that would be very hard? I suck at wiring, I have a hard time even wiring guages when the diagrams right in front of me
thanks
-Danny

·
i'm an asshole
1,859 Posts
oh, then i would send it off somewhere. i did the same swap on my car and had the wiring done for $220 locally. if i were you, i'd send it to wiring specialties. they do some great work.

·
Registered
58 Posts
i believe it might be illegal for you to put an s13 blacktop into an s14 chassis if you have the same smog laws as idaho. You might want to check that out before you do this swap. you either have to have the same year engine as the car or newer. definitely check this out it can be a big fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
in Missouri any car '95 and older is emissions exempt, so it would be fine,
but the car I was buying was sold before I could get out to look at it. :(
oh well theres bound to be a 240 floating around ready for a swap.

·
i'm an asshole
1,859 Posts
it doesn't work like that. if you put any motor other than the one that was originally installed from the factory, it is illegal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
right, Im just saying it wouldnt be looked into closely by anyone, BECAUSE it wouldnt be tested

·
Registered
58 Posts
when i did my emissions here in idaho they asked what engine was sitting in there because i forgot to hook up the aiv and i told them so i talked to the head of the air quality board and i guess here in idaho it's not illegal to do swaps as long as the engine you are putting in isn't older than the car due to smog laws here. so they just wrote up a letter for me so i'm exempt from the visual and they just do a sniff test. if i were to convert to obd2 then they said i have to let them know that way when i go to get emissions done they will test as obd2. it's pretty laid back here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
and anybody has link to wiring diagrams? or where can i find a pic of the wires that need to be cut and add the KA wiring ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts