Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
K

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 91 nx2000 and want to upgrade the engine. will a RWD engine bolt up to a FWD tranny? can i use the stock motor mounts with a 95-98 sr20? can i use the RWD Greddy intake manifold on a FWD sr20 without modifications? if anyone can help, i would be very appreciative. thanx
 
K

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys. i have one more additional question tho. can you use the 91 sr20 wiring harness with a 95-98 sr20? thanx alot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
You are out of luck again.

91's are high-port OBD-I engines, 95's are low-port OBD-II.

There will be enough differences to make it impractical.

Chris
 

·
99 Problems...
Joined
·
331 Posts
klorti said:
thanks guys. i have one more additional question tho. can you use the 91 sr20 wiring harness with a 95-98 sr20? thanx alot.
either get a BB det or get a jdm sr20de the jdm DE will be the same low port as your nx engine and have 10:1 CR and cost about the same as a complete usdm 20de

O
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
onyxeros said:


the jdm DE will be the same low port as your nx engine and have 10:1 CR and cost about the same as a complete usdm 20de

O
well, last u checked, hes driving a 91 nx, which would be a high port, not a low port. second off, not all jdm engines have 10:1 compression. actually, very few do.
 

·
99 Problems...
Joined
·
331 Posts
ihateloops said:


well, last u checked, hes driving a 91 nx, which would be a high port, not a low port. second off, not all jdm engines have 10:1 compression. actually, very few do.
opps my bad :rolleyes:
Trying to give him the basics of his switch since
since i didn't want to get into the jdm edm and usdm cr i just tried to keep it simple

ok with you?
O
 
J

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what is the best year, or car the sr20de came in to request from the jdm folks? I have a 93 nx1600 wanna do the swap for cheap
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top