Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...i just finished my SR20 and it was running perfect...except a bad clutch..i mean really bad. the clutch wouldnt even grab...and if I applied throttle too quick while in any gear above first it would just rev up as if in neutral...the clutch was taht bad. well anyway...the other day i started it up and it sounded like crap...the PS belt came loose...fixed that but it idles really rough when it was perfect the day before. It all started when my Positive cable to the battery came off the knob on the battery. I reconnected taht and then it started like crap. When I drive it it stutters when i try to give any throttle...and then it ends up stalling...could this be electrical? I already checked for boost leak in the intercooler piping and there was none. Anyone know what could be wrong? Or could it be the clutch? Anything will do...I just ordered a new clutch...Exedy stage 2 clutch...and I want my car to run normal again..it bucks anytime i try to give throttle...its a Redtop SR20

Thanks

·
Registered
189 Posts
Well... I know if the engine is not running on all cylinders and you try to let off the clutch to fast it will just and buck... It very well could be your clutch causing it to jump... It could be slipping and grabbing.

I dont really know though. If the positive cable came off the batt I dont see what that would do unless the cable had power somehow and shorted something out.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks i hope its just the clutch becuase Im getting that changed..hope its nothing serious like a bad piston or anything

1 - 4 of 4 Posts