Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone this is my first time posting at this w.s. but i had an interesting question. I have been looking around to see how i could have a faster 240. Driving skills are not a factor but i came to a split end in deciding what motor to go with. I don't know if i should swap in a s13 sr20det, or just keep the ka, turbo charge it and put in all the bolt-ons? What do you guys think is the best way to go? (money is not a factor either)

·
I should be azRS13...
1,021 Posts
If your doing drags Why not go with the RB (skyline) motor? Very fast, very torquey, and very nice!

·
Registered
405 Posts
I think that if you would build a KA that it would be a better drag style racer becuase of the extra size. 2.4vs 2.0 but both built can be crazy in the amount of power you can get and KA's are everywhere.

·
Registered
347 Posts
dragR240sx said:
thnx thats a good idea. The skyline engine is a better motor for drag racing.
The Skyline Motor, RB25, is no better for straitline racing than the KA. They are both built of the same materials and internal strength. The KA has a crank of 425 and Valve train of 350. The weak area when running above 300HP on a NA KA which is CLEAN and Correct is the Pins, rings and wall between the cylinders.
Yet, putting an NA at 250 or more RWHP means an 12 sec ride, EASILY. And as was said in an earlier post, LOADS OF KA's Around CHEAP. Also the Wieght of the RB vs the KA is not that good. You HAVE to HAVE the HP to offset the new front wieght. And as you may know, inline front wieght can kill a launch.
Just some thinking material.

·
Smth Crmnl,not therapist
852 Posts
I think if you're talking about absolutes, in the end of ends, a RB25 would be better, as those engines can make a whole lot of horsepower if you pour the money into it. Question is how much can you afford to pour into it, and if so, can the 240 rear end actually hold up to that much hp.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you know that is true. i plan to use about $5,000 on the car .....(motor only) does anyone live in socal that has a 240. I havent seen anyone with a 240 in my area what so ever. And im trying to see who i can talk to for advise. Plus i have hook up in body and window work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts