Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far we know SR20DET is the #1 pick for engine swap for 240's what about its NA version the SR20 (found in Sentra SE, G20's) is that possible by the way Im a very very very nooobie and pardon for this question if this already been answered already long time ago. But I am very very very Nissan loyalist.

·
Metal > Rap
668 Posts
the blocks are esentially the same. so I dont see why they wouldnt work. It would just be a pain finding all the stuff for the RWD versions, IMO

Tokyo Extreme Racer Rocks!!!!!!!

·
Registered
405 Posts
I think you could find a rwd sr20de for little$$. Trying to make a fwd sr to rwd i think would take forever and be a pain.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Why do a SR20 swap if it isn't turboed. Your losing displacement (key in non FI cars)

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
paNX2K&SE-R said:
My plan would be to turbo it.
why get a non FI motor and then spend the same amount or more to turbo it when you can get the turbo version? and it would be better, because it was built for turbo, with lower compression.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The NA version is a lot cheaper and the bottom end is good for at least 400 hp. I would rather spend $800 on the de engine and tranny than $2500 for the det and tranny. I would want to upgrade t25 turbo and 370cc injectors anyway, and the 9.5:1 compression spools larger turbos faster. The de utilizes a normal distributor setup so I don't have to worry about getting the ecu, harness, and coilpacks with the engine. I can use my factory harness with a regular b13 jwt ecu or an avenir/bb ecu with safc or emanage.

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
paNX2K&SE-R said:
b13 jwt ecu or an avenir/bb ecu with safc or emanage.
notice were not talking about b13s, were talking about s13 silvia qs

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
b13 harnesses dont work on S13s...

·
Registered
106 Posts
i have a b13 se-r, and am going to get a 240 chassis soon, ive thought about putting my sr20 in it and totally tearing it down and doing a full rebuild, for turbo of course, which in the end probably would be cheaper, especially if i want 300 + hp, but then again i havent researched much in the aspect on how hard it would be to get it all in, looking professional, and not having any problems, but if any body knows anything it would be helpfull.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I never claimed that you could. I think there is a little confusion here. Our conversation is regarding why its more cost effective (at least for me) to use a rwd de instead of a det.

What you do is use a b13 ecu with the existing KA harness (plugs right in) to run the rwd sr20de engine.

KaRdoN said:
b13 harnesses dont work on S13s...

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you are thinking about putting your fwd de in a rwd car then the answer is no can do.

91SERHondaKiller said:
i have a b13 se-r, and am going to get a 240 chassis soon, ive thought about putting my sr20 in it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts