Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont' know much about cars so forgive me if I sound stupid. I recently purchased a 240 with an sr swap and a ton of other things done. A couple days ago it started to idle higher than usual. I know it's supposed to idle at 800, but it's idling between 1000 and 1500 now. Thank you.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,105 Posts
JDM240Turbo said:
I dont' know much about cars so forgive me if I sound stupid. I recently purchased a 240 with an sr swap and a ton of other things done. A couple days ago it started to idle higher than usual. I know it's supposed to idle at 800, but it's idling between 1000 and 1500 now. Thank you.
Could be a sticking throttle valve, throttle cable or the fast idle cam which is part of the throttle body. There's also a possibility of a vacuum leak in the intake system.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rogoman said:
Could be a sticking throttle valve, throttle cable or the fast idle cam which is part of the throttle body. There's also a possibility of a vacuum leak in the intake system.
That's a lot of stuff.... It started to idle normally again last night so I don't know what's up with it. I don't think it did it before I removed the power steering. I removed the intake to do that, so maybe I didn't secure it enough. Thank you for your input.

·
Registered
1 Posts
turbo kits for a 1988 nissan 200sx

I have one question well actualy two. first where could i find a turbo kit to fit my car? and second how much would it cost?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
liljohnlee said:
I have one question well actualy two. first where could i find a turbo kit to fit my car? and second how much would it cost?
This should be in another forum. And under it's own thread.

1 You would have to either make a custom kit, or use a new turbo engine. The fwd bluebird sr20det? I don't know.

2 A lot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts