Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Maybe I'm mistaken but I've heard of people taking SE-R exhausts and bolting them on GA16s. Maybe they get a replacement cat for it, since like you said it's probably longer.

·
Registered
638 Posts
MinorThreat said:
does anyone know the diameter of the classic se-r exhaust? and would it fit on a 1.6L
Not sure about the size i think it's about 1 7/8" vs. the GA's 1 1/2". The B13 SE-R OEM cat-back will bolt right up trust me. I have the GReddy SP SE-R cat-back on my car and it was a simple bolt-on. The OEM SE-R exhaust is a good upgrade for the B13 1.6, it bolts right up it's quiet and has much more flow than the 1.6 exhaust. This is the best sleeper exhaust for the 1.6...:)

·
Registered
500 Posts
Will that fit on a B14? Or would I need an SE-R exhaust from a B14 SR20?

·
Registered
638 Posts
UnderDog said:
Will that fit on a B14? Or would I need an SE-R exhaust from a B14 SR20?
No the b13 exhaust won't work on a b14. You would have to use the oem cat-back from a 98-99 SE SR20 powered sentra. The results would be the same,bigger pipe more flow and quiet at the same time...:)

·
Ive got a pickle 4 an arm
340 Posts
i thought about bolting a SE-R exhaust up to the GA. a good upgrade for cheaper OEM price. but how much of a gain does it really give? would creating you own such as listed in this months (August) NPM, be just as cheap with more gains???

only problem i see with making your own is you still have to buy a muffler, and cat. i also thought about useing one of the B15's stock mufflers. but i havn't researched it enough yet to figure out if they are any better over a stock 93. or if they will fit under the car.

anyway i just got a cheapo stock muffler from VIP Auto. its probably worse then a Nissan muffler, but it was cheap. and i needed a new one. had no time to wait. i looked briefly at the aftermarkets, (this was before i even knew about pipe sizing) but the illegiality, oversized look, and price drew me away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts