Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,can anyone tell me if the engine block for all sr20's are the same? I need to replace my engine,but the new one that I got had a 4 wheel drive tranny and my axle supports cant bolt onto it. The bearings on my old engine are all shot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The AWD tranny is not uncommon on a JDM engine. But I have never heard of the Axle support not bolting up to the block. I have done and been involved in 8 or so swaps and have never seen this problem. Usually you just take you old mounting bracket off of your old engine and mount it to the new engine and call it a day. Does, you stock bracket even come close to mounting up, as in 1 or two bolts will line up. If most of the bolts will lineup, you may want to look at the possibility of tapping the block.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The stock bracket is nowhere close to the holes. My mechanic informs me that this could cause problems with my transmission as well as loss of power.All other engine mounts are the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.