Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
My name is jasper and i am new to your group. I am in a similar group in australia (www.pulsar.org.au) and i drive a Nissan pulsar SSS, it is similar to the sentra but with a slightly different chassie.

Here is a link to my car to see what a SSS looks like

http://members.pulsar.org.au/profiledisplay.php?ID=124

Now to my question... I have been struggling to find information about the sr2O ecu eeprom memory map.

Im needing to get the memory map in order to be able to play around with settings and create an actual performance chip for the SR20's.

Any help would be well appreciated, even recommendations on who to ask

Thanks
Jasper

·
neutral handling is cool
180 Posts
Jim Wolf Technology(JimWolfTechnology.com) is the tuner to talk to...there are others like G-force that have chips for SR20's...also an AFC from someone like Apex'i will allow you to make a map, you can tune it with a Fuel pressure regulator and a dyno.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks bud

yeh i want the original memory map and that would be ideal and then i can actually program my own chip and maybe even multiply the chips.

once i have the map it would be ideal.

thanks
jasper

·
Registered
79 Posts
If I remember right, you cannot simply drop in new 'chip's for sr20 ecus. They have to be physically modified like unsoldering and replacing existing chips. JWT is the only people I know of that have the knowledge to modify these correctly (not only physically, but get the software right).

Is this correct, or am I way off?

I think if it were relatively easy, more people would have done this already. Not to discourage you, but its going to take A LOT of time and effort.

·
Registered
354 Posts
go for it man. even JWT had to start somewhere. keep on keepin' on.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
I agree, if I had the knowhow, I'd be spending a lot of time on it. We need an affordable and timely alternative to $500 JWT reprogramming and their several month wait.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeh im really interested in the eeprom thats why i asked, my brother is the technical guy tho about it so im findig the info hes creating it :D

Ill let you guys know how i go

Jasper

·
neutral handling is cool
180 Posts
you can always get the FPR and AFC and tune it on the dyno...take good notes on settings and you'll know what to use for street and track. I know it's trial and error, but short of a new ECU, I guess there isn't much in the way of chips to insert. I think I remember hearing that the stock ECU is a little over sensitive to the knock sensor, which an aftermarket ECU could take care of by pushing the timing retard triggered by the knock sensor...other than that I can't see any difference between the fuel map you make and one made for you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts