Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading an article in SCC the other day, and they had a huge section on the sr20 motor vs. the qr25. They are planning to put an sr20 crank in the qr25. This sent chills down my spine because of what they said, and i quote: " it will rev higher than the sr20 ever dreamed." **shivers**. i will let you guys think about that one for a while, but as for me im still a die hard sr20 fan and that will never change.

-HSentra

·
Registered
254 Posts
whats wrong with a high revving QR25DE engine??

I dont understand what the bad part of this is? So long as the crank doesent snap like a twig.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
U misunderstood....

Murph said:

I dont understand what the bad part of this is? So long as the crank doesent snap like a twig.
When i said stuff about shivering it was in a good way. I think it will be an awesome engine that may very well blow the sr20 outta the water. But as i said, im a die hard sr20 boy so i will never go with ne thing else.

HSentra

·
Registered
254 Posts
the 2003 models are lookin niiiiiice with the new interior colors and the unrestricted option list......no longer will you need the audio package to get the sunroof

·
:::User Illusion:::
112 Posts
I think what the guys where saying in the article, is that the cranks look simular and with some adjustments the sr20 crank could possibly fit in the Qr25de. But when your talkin about doing something like that the question is not wether it will fit or not, it's will it work? And more food for though is even if it works, what are your gaining/loosing?

Murph said:
Have you seen the redline on the Qr25 lately? It's a shame that my mother minni van can out rev it.

-Mario

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Travis has already tried and said the SR20 crank will not fit in the QR25. He knows as much as anyone about these engines.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
smartass?

What they said was they will "try " it. They completely tore down the sr20 and the QR25 for comparison, and to their surprise they found that, with minor modifications, the sr20 crank WOULD fit. Im sorry but in my opinion, you are far from being as advanced on this type of material as the SCC crew. AND before you say anything bad about me know this: I have NOT claimed anything about me being better than you or SCC for that matter, and let me add this too; they worked out all the rod ratio, math, and other shit that only those genuises are advanced enough to do, and it WILL WORK. I think maybe you should get that issue.

-HSentra

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
jpalm said:
Travis has already tried and said the SR20 crank will not fit in the QR25. He knows as much as anyone about these engines.
Probably not as much as some people. The SR20 crank will fit with some minor machining to the snout, counterweights and thrust surfaces.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think it would be awsome if there was a stroker kit for the QR25DE. I think it could work with alot of mods to the block, and rods. Now what would you guys think it would coast, or would a turbo be a beter deal. I think 250 to 275 whp is awsome, and if the stroker kit bring that and a higher rev then the Turbo is a plus. watch out WRX!!!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This idea fascinates me as well, personally I would rather have a high revving n/a monster. If it is available I might haveta get a destroker.

-Steven C.

·
Registered
354 Posts
from what i have heard you will not have a higher reving QR by stroking it the only reason it dosen't rev as high as the SR is cause of piston speed caused by the increase in stroke over the SR. if you have more dwell at TDC for your pistons coupled with a few other things your engine will rev higher cause the fuel has more time to burn.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Changing the crank would be nice but if you read the acticle closely you'll see that the piston speed would be way to high in the high reving QR. So then it will not work with the SR crank. Why would you want to do that anyway, the engine does not need to rev to holy hell, it makes all of its power down low to begin with. Oh by the way one of the main reasons you can't rev it high is the lightweight valve springs that are used because the engine was made for the altima not the sentra, its made for fuel ecconomy and smoothness, thus is why it also has those godawefull motor mounts and blanced shafts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts