Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some advice and some answers fellahs and felines! I'm almost complete with my sr20det swap into my 89 240sx, but I'm stuck on a few things...
1. The vacuum lines. Where do they go? If I remove the canister, then where do they go? Which is best and easier? Will I ever find love?

2. Read a few threads about BOV placement. I have mine next to the V.C. but where do I run that recirc. hose on the top, (Blitz SS) and where do the other T's on the vacuum line run to after that? What ever happened to
Mr. T. anyway?

3. I got screwed because of low finances I had to go for just the SMIC and now I have a SMIC with no stock piping at all. What are my options? Any one know of a place to find piping, or how hard is it to do it custom? Is it dangerous bypassing the intercooler, by running a pipe from the throttle body right to the turbo outlet, so I can drive it to some place to get custom piping made? What if I stop at 2 nudie bars along the way? Will my turbo or myself overheat?!? PLEASE HELP!!! I need answers!
**thank you**

·
Registered
76 Posts
1.vacuum lines- not that many lines needed, one on intake manifold after the throttle body goes to fuel regulator and the bov. other one thats actually on the throttle body goes to the waist gate acuter. thats all you need unless you keep egr and evap.
2. you do not need to recirculate the bov if it doesn't leak at idle. the one you have I think can be adjusted not to leak.no T's are need to hook up the bov.
3. I have all the stock piping if you want to buy it. to get it custom made you are looking at like 300 for steel and more for aluminum. running the turbo without the intercooler will cause detonation, and without a bov you will blow the pipe off and cut down the life of your turbo because of reversion.but if you hook it up with a bov in line and take it easy (little or no boost keeping rpm to like 3k) you could get to a shop for pipe with no harm to turbo or engine.

let me know if you want the stock piping I think I still have it all at my shop.do you have a stock silvia smic? where is your bov mounted (v.c.?)?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What I have... what I need...

I have the stock SMIC for an s13 redtop. It has absolutly no extras on it at all, no piping or stock BOV or bypass piping. All it has on it are two silicone connectors, one for the hot, and one for the cold pipe. That's it. :( So what ever you have, I'll take as long as I don't have to take out a 2nd loan on the house. Not that I have a problem with taking out a loan, but the first loan was for my Russian mail order bride, and that left a pretty big dent. So let me know what you have and, "Let's make a deal!" Also by BOV is mounted, yes, by the V.C. Thanks again for your help and speedy reply!
-Tony

·
Registered
272 Posts
nismo200sx16 said:
1.vacuum lines- not that many lines needed, one on intake manifold after the throttle body goes to fuel regulator and the bov. other one thats actually on the throttle body goes to the waist gate acuter. thats all you need unless you keep egr and evap.
2. you do not need to recirculate the bov if it doesn't leak at idle. the one you have I think can be adjusted not to leak.no T's are need to hook up the bov.
3. I have all the stock piping if you want to buy it. to get it custom made you are looking at like 300 for steel and more for aluminum. running the turbo without the intercooler will cause detonation, and without a bov you will blow the pipe off and cut down the life of your turbo because of reversion.but if you hook it up with a bov in line and take it easy (little or no boost keeping rpm to like 3k) you could get to a shop for pipe with no harm to turbo or engine.

let me know if you want the stock piping I think I still have it all at my shop.do you have a stock silvia smic? where is your bov mounted (v.c.?)?
for the wastegate actuator vacuum line...is the actuator on the igniter chip? Cuz my igniter chip has two vacuum lines coming off..is that what the line from the throttle body connects to? If not what is the actuator ur talkin bout.

Right now my vacuum lines are as follows: the larget line on the top of the throttle body goes to the BOV...the smaller line on the top goes to the fuel pressure regulater and the bottom line I have going to the igniter chip and then T's off so it can connect to both lines that originate from the igniter chip.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
vac lines...

I'm not positive on this. Better have 'nismo200sx16' verify, but I believe the top two lines you have connected correctly (the BOV and FPR) but the 3rd small line center and right below the intake manifold, I belive runs to your evaporative canister, or charcoal canister, mounted on the drivers side right behind the headlight. I, being new to the sr20det, do not actually know where exactly to find this, "waste gate actuator" that I'm hearing so much about. So if anyone would be so inclined as to tell me... perhaps I can get to hooking it up! Also, nismo200sx16... if you wouldn't mind emailing me privately at my lame email address of [email protected]... I can give you my number to discuss the I.C. piping issue, since I live in Reading and you're so close. That would be sweet, and thanks for your help, it really cleared some things up.... not my genital herpes, but then again, nothing will ever clear that up. Thanks again, and always remember... no glove, no love.
-Tonster

·
Registered
76 Posts
ckykm your vac lines are messed up. its herd to explain the vacuum line situation because I am not sure what you are using from the jap car I'll send you my number and I can tell you how to hook it all up. the lines you are talking about on the chip are actually solenoids for the boost cut and the egr.
tonster give me a call about the piping.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts