Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me why my car will still overheat? Has an electric fan and clutch fan, new thermostat, antifreeze, and only sometimes it will overheat, especially during the day would it be cause im using the KA radiator? but it wouldnt overheat before it was running fine...and i was just wondering where should the gauge be at on the dash?

·
i'm an asshole
1,859 Posts
try bleeding the air from the system. i'm using a stock SR radiator and it never overheated.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah man, ive done it too, what about your gauge like where does it mark at, you know how like it starts off with a thick line, then thins out, where is yours at? How did you bleed the system

·
i'm an asshole
1,859 Posts
i have a S14, and the gauge stayed a little lower than half-way most of the time. are you using the bleeder screw on the coolant neck to bleed it?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i have, and ever since i got my sr it goes like all time half of the gauge, no blown headgasket no water in oil, and the pressure is fine it stay there it doesnt overheat but i notice that it has always been half way, any idea why? And yeah i have bleed it through there

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh ok, but what about it still overheating, like it doesnt go all the way to hot, it just get real hot like it does overheat, could it be that the radiator to thin?

·
i'm an asshole
1,859 Posts
is the water pump good? and i would recommend getting an aftermarket water temp gauge. the stock ones are shit.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
check your fan operation also see when it kicks on or if it stays on all the time. if its hooked up to a thermostat the fan normally kicks in at around 180degress around the time your thermostat opens

1 - 9 of 9 Posts