Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a sr20det in my 85 s12 200sx. every thing seams to be hooked up correctly but it wont stay running. no codes are coming up on the ecu just 55 the code that says every things ok. I have it hooked up to run na and their are no leaks in the piping. it starts runs good for a second and dies. does anyone know whats going on ? i need help.

·
Pivot 180
2,258 Posts
why is it wired like that?
I take it youve checked things like fuel lines, fuel filter, air filter for blockages? Maybe get your fuel pressure tested.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ordered a fuel pressure gauge last weak it just got here today. I installed it and tried to start the engine today as soon as it started fuel pressure dropped to zero. it turns out the power source i was using to power the relay was losing voltage when the starter was on and the relay didn't have enough power to stay on. the reason It is wired like this is because its in a 85 200sx and all the wiring is way different. I was just using any switched power sources I could find to power the sr harness and the fuel pump just to try to start my sr for the first time. I was planing to change it all over to its own power source directly from the battery having every thing on its own switch and relay so it gets all the power it needs. thanks for the help though I was thinking fuel to just couldnt figure out why it wasn't getting any. I thought the ecu was killing the fuel because of some problem with wiring. I guess I was trying to over think it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts