Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 92 Sentra stock car.I was thinking about to put something in my car to gain some performance to deal with climbing hills and speeding up(but I am not looking for a higher top speed)I have a real tight budget.I asked some of my friends they said putting an cold air intake would be a good choice,but at the same time I need to change the muffler because more air will go into the engine and needs a bigger muffler.So I did some reseaches on sentra.net and here.I understand I could get a muffler that is no bigger than 2" and many people say Magnaflow is a good one.In Sentra.net it says it requires a pre-silencer.Now I am not sure.Does a stock B13 have a pre-sliencer already or does the pre-silencer come with the Magnaflow muffler?Where can I can it except going online?
I don't have any idea about the better brands that I could choose for air intake.Where can I get it?
Is there anything I can do to gain power but it's not too expensive?

· Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am thinking about to install a 2" Round shape Magnaflow muffler instead of the stock muffler.Is that ok to just install the muffler on the stock pipe?
Do any of you have any suggestion about the pre-sliencer?In Magnaflow website it says the muffler itself already have a resonator to reduce sound.
Do I need to care about how long and how big the core of the muffler would be?Which one is better,stainless steel or aluminized?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.