Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 200sx SE(dropping a 2.0 in soon). Im having an odd squeeking/rubbing noise in the front end, kind of like a door that needs to be oiled. It doesnt just happen when using brakes, i can be i can be comming to a slow stop with no brakes, and it will do it, and also make the noise a little bit when pulling forward slowly. It doesnt happen all the time, and never doesnt when im driving normally, just when going really slow. Anyone know what may be causing this? I checked out the FAQ and didnt see anything that described that. Appreciate any help.

D

·
0 Posts
The only thing that comes to mind is that your front brake pads might be worn out. The wear indicator can cause the squeeking noise even when the brakes aren't applied. A rubbing noise might be either a buildup of rust on the rotors or worn out pads too. Take a few minutes to pull the wheels and the calipers to have a look. Sometimes the inner and outer pads wear at different rates or the pads wear unevenly across the pads because of sticking caliper slides, so simply looking through the wheels at the pads isn't a great way to inspect the pad thickness.

Hope this helps.

Jeff

P

·
0 Posts
i had the same problem in my car. it turned out to be the brush gaurd. it had been damaged and part of it was rubbing on my axles when i slowed down. i'd check under the car in the wheel well for rubbing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts