Nissan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys, i have a 03 ser spec v and its got 43k on it... the clutch just started squeaking on me... I dont know what it is though... It only squeaks when I switch in gear... it doesnt do it when the car is off... How do i fix this?-- Also, when the car is idleing in nuetral there is a little tick when im not pressing in the clutch but when i press it in the tick goes away... what is this and how do i fix it?

Also, the cars alignment is off..anyone know how I can do this myself?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sounds like your thow out bearing is going. I have same noise when idling. But when I am releasing the clutch, it makes a weird noise. Mine has ~145K miles on it. Been makiung noise intermittently for ~20K miles. Will replace the clutch soon and the bearing.

Good luck. I LOVE my 03 Spec V,
Slimbob

·
Registered
15 Posts
well.. my 03 spec-v clutch has an unbearable "SQUEEL" to it!!!!... it happens when I slightly let off the clutch pedal... i'd say about an inch... and an ear piercing sound emits!... i have even had people look at me as though I honked a really weird horn at them!..... it sound like the brakes are stuck.... not too high pitch.. similar like bad brakes.... a mid-tone... very hard to explain unless u hear it..lol.. anyways....

i took it to nissan - and wouldn't u know it... my pre-cat has exploded inside so I am getting a new motor!.. so I will be getting the clutch looked at the same time... i might as well, since the labour will be covered my the warranty work on the motor...

anybody else ever had this new and exciting sound???.....

·
Registered
790 Posts
^ When you get that new engine I suggest you get an aftermarket header ASAP.

My throw out bearing has been squeeking FOREVER. No noticable difference though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
yeah... i was gonna wait till spring to get the header..... might just get the Nismo header... everything should line up just right then, right?... or is there a header that everyone considers the best one out there???..

·
Registered
790 Posts
yeah... i was gonna wait till spring to get the header..... might just get the Nismo header... everything should line up just right then, right?... or is there a header that everyone considers the best one out there???..
In my opinion, Nismo header is over priced. The XS power header is much cheaper BUT will last just as long as the Nismo piece.

XS Power Full Race and Basic Header & OBX 4-2-1 Header pkg o2 spacers - MSV

The XS header will bolt right up as well.

·
Registered
790 Posts

ooooooh and it's so shiny!.. LOL...

thanx for the info.. I am not sure if I can get it here in Canada.. but I will look...
The guy who runs the on-going Group Buy should ship to canada. Before you start it up after install be sure it's nice, clean, and free of fingerprints. IF not they'll be permanantly burnt on the header.

·
Registered
1 Posts
does anyone know of any clutch kits that i should go with? i saw some who had JWT, some were talking of ACT... if anyone could kind of give me some guidance as to what type of clutch kit i should go with, that would be extremely helpful...

the problem, is that when i release the clutch almost all of the way while pressing down on the accelerator, the car makes a grrnnnnt sound. the only part that is kind of baffling, is that it's intermittent as opposed to constant.

·
Registered
15 Posts
well.. i got the header on its way....thanks saint... should be here any time now....

and burnttoast101 - I too have the same problem!!!... it baffles the guys at nissan all the time... i even changed my clutch & flywheel when i got my new motor (damn pre-cat!).... and even now that I got the new clutch I have heard this same squeel sound... but it's not really high pitched... but people look as though I honk a really weird horn at them... but it is just the clutch... maybe i will go see nissan again about the new clutch - it should be warranty.... i think it is somewhat slipping so that makes the metal on metal sound.. IMO.....

I am sorry I don't have info about another clutch.. just the same problem sound... heck, I was thinking of a Center Force race clutch.... but I heard JWT works pretty good....

This is what I was looking at: CENTER FORCE

·
Registered
5 Posts
the problem, is that when i release the clutch almost all of the way while pressing down on the accelerator, the car makes a grrnnnnt sound. the only part that is kind of baffling, is that it's intermittent as opposed to constant.
This is the exact same problem i'm having. It doesn't happen all the time and it only happens taking off from a dead stop. I was thinking that when the motor twists from the torque, it's causing the exhaust to rub some where.

When i'm in city traffic people look at me like i'm beeping at them. It's starting to get embarassing.

Have any of you figured out what it is?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts