Nissan Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Jarek said:
I dont feel like searching, but another owner made a thread about how they had their transmission fluid changed, and it solved the "chirp shifting" problem. Let us know how it goes.... how miles you have by the way?
yeah i figured out if your at low RPM it will chirp... but when you get on it a little more, it will not chirp... I have 39600 miles...Thanks for the tip...Holla!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
how odd I just got my oil changed at Walmart which I havent changed the oil in a while and it seems like that chirp went away.......I wonder if it will come back

·
Registered
94 Posts
Pharrari said:
how odd I just got my oil changed at Walmart which I havent changed the oil in a while and it seems like that chirp went away.......I wonder if it will come back
This is definitely a problem within the transmission. According to Nissan it isn't any sort of detrimental mechanical defect, but is annoying. There is a TSB out on it, and if you are still under warranty coverage they'll fix it for free. They add some transmission fluid treatment, and sometimes change the fluid. If more is necessary, they'll do that to quiet the chirp. It's a common problem and easily fixable. If you are out of warranty, and would like to do it yourself, you can do it for under $20 in about 15 minutes.

·
Registered
329 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
well i think i posted on this issue before.

I took it in for "treatment" and the problem went away temporarily. Then it came back after a month since the service. I am going to take it back to the dealer at some point.

John

·
Registered
35 Posts
people, there is a tsb on the squeak noise for sentras, its actually the 2-3 high clutch slipping, Nissan has a recall for this and they will add an additive into your transmission that will make it go away, go to your dealer and have it done for free

-certified nissan tech
nick
=D

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I'm out of warranty and I've at 60k+ miles now and I still hear the chirp....i brought it in under the tsb and now its doing it again? Is this a possible lemon? I guess I'll have to ask nissan

·
Registered
4 Posts
There was a recall awhile ago that had to do with the accessory drive belts. Are you sure that the sound isn't coming from the belt slipping with the sudden change of rpm's?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2010 Versa does the squeak when it shifts

My 2010 Versa does the squeak when it shifts from first to second gear. Should I go ahead and trade it in for a another car now? Is the transmission going out on it? I appreciate your opinions. Thank you.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts