Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE AN AUTOMATIC ok so when the car gets ready to shift into second around low RPMs 2-3K it has a small squeak then it shifts into 2nd gear.....I havent noticed anything after the other gears shift. Anyone know what that noise means or what its going to lead up to? And most importantly could it be the CAI?

·
Registered
1 Posts
have the same problem on my 2001 N16
oil level & condition is ok
using recomended Nissan oil

maybe internal clutch's slipping or presures? just a guess

·
g33k/gamer/QR nerd
445 Posts
Pharrari said:
I HAVE AN AUTOMATIC ok so when the car gets ready to shift into second around low RPMs 2-3K it has a small squeak then it shifts into 2nd gear.....I havent noticed anything after the other gears shift. Anyone know what that noise means or what its going to lead up to? And most importantly could it be the CAI?
i had that same problem with my 04 sentra 1.8s auto.. on the shift to 2nd gear it would "chirp'....never figured out what it was.. since i traded the car in to get the spec v. It started doing it after it was crashed into a crub at about 45 mph...

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats the sound.....like a chirping sound......damn I'm getting pretty fed up with this car.....I'll have nissan figure it out when it goes in for its milage checkup.....they might owe me another muffler cuz it still sounds like shit and the other cars dont sound like that.....maybe they will give me a different muffler since they cant seem to get the one on my car right.......think they'll give me a catback?

·
g33k/gamer/QR nerd
445 Posts
Pharrari said:
they might owe me another muffler cuz it still sounds like shit and the other cars dont sound like that.....maybe they will give me a different muffler since they cant seem to get the one on my car right.......think they'll give me a catback?
Nissan doesnt owe you anything, unless proven "defective" by means of manufacture... by the impressions you give us on how your car is treated, eh im not surprized more isnt wrong with your car.

sorry giving you hard time, they wont do anything for "noise" related issue with a muffler, the chirp i dont know, they'd have to hear it... and i have no further comment

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mine does the squeak when it shifts from second to third gear. I posted about it in the chassis forum b/c the dealer said it is the tranny doing it and there is a TSB on the problem.

·
Registered
39 Posts
TSB= technical service bulletin

My car is a 2005 Sentra 1.8 SE and that chirp is starting to really annoy me.
The dealer says the TSB says to change the transmission fluid and they had to order that type of fluid so we shall see if it fixes it or not.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i have the same problem with my car, when i go from 1st to 2nd.... at first i thought it was the wheels gripping the road at a shift point, but its doing it when it shouldn't be doing it. i htink i should take it to a dealership...

·
Registered
39 Posts
I saw a copy of the TSB and I couldn't get to a pencil and paper to write the TSB number down. The cure was to add two bottles of conditioner to the tranny and that quietens the high speed clutch which is inside the transmission down which is the real problem. Im less than pleased although the noise is gone temporarily. I guess I'll trade the car soon as this is one of many troubles I'm learning of when it comes to these cars. It's a shame too..I like the looks of it. Sometimes things just don't work out. regards, Larry

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey pharrari same problem

i just got an 04 sentra 1.8s and it sqeaks when it goes into 3rd and its a automatic... sometimes it squeak and sometimes it doesnt.. if you find anything out post it... HOLLA!

·
g33k/gamer/QR nerd
445 Posts
rievesacus/sentra said:
i just got an 04 sentra 1.8s and it sqeaks when it goes into 3rd and its a automatic... sometimes it squeak and sometimes it doesnt.. if you find anything out post it... HOLLA!
I dont feel like searching, but another owner made a thread about how they had their transmission fluid changed, and it solved the "chirp shifting" problem. Let us know how it goes.... how miles you have by the way?

·
Registered
39 Posts
They never tried to charge me and I am glad to see the TSB for the problem. I took it to my hometown dealer where I purchased the car from. I was really unhappy with that and a few other troubles so the car is now gone. I wish it would have been a more trouble free car.

·
g33k/gamer/QR nerd
445 Posts
Larryj said:
They never tried to charge me and I am glad to see the TSB for the problem. I took it to my hometown dealer where I purchased the car from. I was really unhappy with that and a few other troubles so the car is now gone. I wish it would have been a more trouble free car.
what did you get?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Jarek said:
what did you get?
I really liked what the Sentra should have been. I still miss the car in some ways. I got a new Frontier with the Nismo pagkage. I got a better than average deal because my dealer knew i was unhappy with the Sentra's problems. I paid some under invoice and got more than I had expected in trade. I guess maybe after all my troubles things may be looking up. I have a larger payment now though. :(

1 - 20 of 29 Posts