Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have this problem, my truck has always had a squeky clutch pedal. looking at it it looks like where the clutch goes threw the firewall i have greased it but it is still noisy. i took it to nissan but its $90 for them just to take a look at it.

·
Registered
315 Posts
does anyone have this problem, my truck has always had a squeky clutch pedal. looking at it it looks like where the clutch goes threw the firewall i have greased it but it is still noisy. i took it to nissan but its $90 for them just to take a look at it.[/QUOT Take a peek under the dash and look at how the clutch pedal is mounted. Move it slightly and see where it pivots on its mount. Get some W-D 40 and lightly spray the points where it moves. Spray the return spring too. It helps to have that little red tube on the spray tip, to better point and direct the lubricant where you want it to go. That should silence your squeak. Lotsa luck.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i tried that, it looks and sounds like it is squeking from where it pases threw the fire wall. I put some high temp grease there but it still squeeks

·
Registered
315 Posts
i tried that, it looks and sounds like it is squeking from where it pases threw the fire wall. I put some high temp grease there but it still squeeks
You might have to remove the clutch master cylinder from the firewall. ( dont take off or loosen any of the hyrdaulic lines) Once you remove it, look at the plunger or rod that goes through the firewall that activates your clutch master cylinder. Look for a shiny spot. You may have to reposition things a little to get clearance, if the plunger is rubbing against the firewall. One thing about squeaks, rattles and vibrations, even though they may sound like they are coming from a certain area, they don't always originate there. Sound and vibrations travel. Hopefully it won't be the throw out bearing. Also check the slave cylinder, put a dab of grease where the actuating rod meets the throw out bearing fork. Lotsa luck.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You might have to remove the clutch master cylinder from the firewall. ( dont take off or loosen any of the hyrdaulic lines) Once you remove it, look at the plunger or rod that goes through the firewall that activates your clutch master cylinder. Look for a shiny spot. You may have to reposition things a little to get clearance, if the plunger is rubbing against the firewall. One thing about squeaks, rattles and vibrations, even though they may sound like they are coming from a certain area, they don't always originate there. Sound and vibrations travel. Hopefully it won't be the throw out bearing. Also check the slave cylinder, put a dab of grease where the actuating rod meets the throw out bearing fork. Lotsa luck.
thanks. It seems to be coming form the plunger. I will deff check this out. there is no vibration just the squeaks. Is the master cyl is pretty straight forward, no weird things to do? Just unbolt it and leave the lines alone correct?

·
Registered
2 Posts
04 Frontier King Cab

Same problem here, except I am pretty certain mine is the plastic bushing at the pivot point of the actual pedal. Looks cheap, causes the spring to creak pretty bad. Makes the whole truck feel like its falling apart when I drive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts