Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this issue with my 1999 Sentra GXE. Here's the deal: the engine responds with a sputtering and messed up acceleration when I push the gas pedal too much too quickly.

Things I've noticed:
1) This doesn't really occur if the engine is cold.
2) Worse with low rpms

I've been able to drive it fine by keeping it above 2500rpm and really easing in with the accelerator. But I want to figure out the problem with this... and if anyone else has had similar issues and was able to resolve theirs.

I've tried solving it with a new fuel filter and some fuel injector cleaner, but the problem remains :(

Other notes:
cool air intake system was installed a couple years ago

I saw a similar problem HERE and one of answers looks helpful but I can't make anything from it. Any suggestions??

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,219 Posts
Did the problem start to happen after installing the cold air intake system? If so, then there may be a major vacuum leak.

Also the fuel pressure regulator may be bad.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it was fine for the entire time with the cool air system installed until randomly I noticed this problem. I can't think of any other major changes that could have caused it

·
Registered
36 Posts
check your MAF and clean it out with some MAF cleaner. also have you changed your plugs and wires recently? this happened to me before and i changed the plugs and the cleaned the MAF worked great!

·
Registered
215 Posts
do not clean your maf sensor. if your maf is good it may damage it. do you have any codes ar anything. could be o2 sensor

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've noticed when I start my car the rpm's are usually low and quickly up at normal idle. Sometimes when I have stop suddenly the rpm's drop as well sometimes resulting in a slight sputtering. It has done the odd starting idle thing since I got the car, so I'm not too concerned about that, just curious why it occurs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts