Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious as to why the Eibach Pro Kit is more expensive than the Sportlines? I figured since sportslines lowers the car more it should cost more? Dunno, just my ignorance maybe. Please reply back soon thanx!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well the prices are always like that wherever I look them up. I just got the idea recently from looking at my Import Tuner. Damn the girl is gorgeous. =P

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was reading on the b15sentra.net forums. Some guy said that the pro-kit gives better performance. Anyone else say this is true?

·
Platinum
462 Posts
SentraRacer97 said:
i was reading on the b15sentra.net forums. Some guy said that the pro-kit gives better performance. Anyone else say this is true?
I think Eibach designed Pro-Kit for maximam performance. Sportlines are designed to lower as low as they can without affecting performance. They are both good springs, but I think Prokits are better in preformance becaue they give more suspension travel (about half a inch more than Sportlines)

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
anybody got their car dropped and hear a loud rattling noise when they turn..... I just dropped mine--- and I remember reading about this but cant remember where.

·
Platinum
462 Posts
MP2050 said:
anybody got their car dropped and hear a loud rattling noise when they turn..... I just dropped mine--- and I remember reading about this but cant remember where.
What kind of springs did you just install? Mostly, rattling noise occur if you don't install right. Make sure your springs are sitting on rubber springs seats, if those are bad, you can buy new spring seats from dealer for less than $10.

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
SentraRacer97 said:
Prokits lower the car less and thus generaly work better for ride and performance. Sportlines dump the car as low as reasonably posible with sacrifice in ride and performance.

Mike

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
MP2050 said:
You got to make sure you install those coil overs right or they will rattle like crazy.

Make sure the collers are tight to the shock body and straight.

See the GC installation in the back issue section of npm.

Mike

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
CarbonBlack200 said:

I think Eibach designed Pro-Kit for maximam performance. Sportlines are designed to lower as low as they can without affecting performance. They are both good springs, but I think Prokits are better in preformance becaue they give more suspension travel (about half a inch more than Sportlines)
'
It is true that Pro-Kits will handel better but both are too soft for serious performance work and will bottom under cornering load with sticky tires leading to poor handling.

GC's will enable you to run a stiff enough spring and not lower the car as much so you maintain suspension travel.

Most GC spring combos with good shocks actualy ride better than Pro-kits because you don't bottom out.

Mike

·
B13 Owner since 90
134 Posts
Invest in the Grounds Controls. it is a bit more pricey but more than worth your money.

Mike,
the GC/AGX Combo has made a very big difference in the way the car handles.
thank you for the advice, i can not wait to try this setup in the track.
Do we have enough people for the coming track event, i can not remember was it June or July?

Tevs

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ahhh coilovers are expensive. Considering I don't have a full time job, lol. LoL even the prokit is expensive for me, argh:(

1 - 20 of 30 Posts