Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well as most of you know i am in the market for a suspension.. after pondering for about a week i decided to go with koni yellows w/ ground control coil overs. now the reason i went with this is because i had it on my last car with spring rates of 350f/350r on fwd. what spring rate should i run on this car? someone told me i should run a stiffer spring up front since its rwd is this true? if so how much stiffer than te rear? any help clearing this up would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
65 Posts
8kg/6kg is pretty common spring rate for S13s in aftermarket coilovers.
Dont know about just the springs, as the shock/spring is usually not worth the cost. Comared to a full coilover set, shock/spring combo are just a few bucks less, without a lot of the benefits.

·
Banned
1,899 Posts
The stiffer the suspension in the rear(relative to the front), the more easily your ass will slide. For drifting this would be better, but for road racing it would not be as good. 8/6 would pretty much be good all around.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was just advised from an autocross guru friend of mine to go with i believe 340f/280r. he recommended this to me after talking to a couple companies and respected autocrossers that he does business with. thanks for the advise. any comments regarding my setup let me know befor ethis is finalized.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts