Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
4 door beast
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im wondering, if you prime then spraypaint and clearcoat the rubber shift boot, will it come out nice or hella nasty?

the shift boot i have right now is hella faded and i just want to touch up the looks to make it look nicer and blacker. is there anythign else i can do?

and also, that one piece of plastic covering everything including the E-brake right after the shifter, do i have to take out my front 2 seats in order to get that piece of plastic covering off?

·
nissan??? whats that
280 Posts
ekizz said:
im wondering, if you prime then spraypaint and clearcoat the rubber shift boot, will it come out nice or hella nasty?

the shift boot i have right now is hella faded and i just want to touch up the looks to make it look nicer and blacker. is there anythign else i can do?

and also, that one piece of plastic covering everything including the E-brake right after the shifter, do i have to take out my front 2 seats in order to get that piece of plastic covering off?
you would probably be safer just buying a new boot and it would probably be cheaper that way.

as for the ebrake handle you wouldnt have to take out the seats just the console then pull it off (assuming the handle even comes off)

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
You could'
A) Buy a new one.
B) Replace the stock one with an aftermarket boot.
C) Try and use armorall, or another interior dressing to renew the look of it.

·
My ass, your face
3,520 Posts
paint+rubber=ghey looking.

on a b13, u dont need to remove the seats to get at the screws for the center console, u just have to adjust them at a good angle.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
paint+ rubber + clear coat + moving the rubber part around ALOT everyday= will look good when its drying and the first time to drive you car it will flake off.

·
Registered
851 Posts
91sentra said:
for the B13's you do have to take out the seats to get it out.
no you dont, i got the entire center console out with out a problem, and the seats stayed exactly where they are now. just slide them up and back when you need to

·
F.I. Section Whore
896 Posts
yeah, it's not a flat surface at all.. like pete said, that stuff will come off in no time.. unless you get some weird dying kit for that rubber..

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
wildmane said:
yeah, it's not a flat surface at all.. like pete said, that stuff will come off in no time.. unless you get some weird dying kit for that rubber..
that can be done..............but not to black, you need to start with a white or grey base like a mouse cord would work with dying. it would be like a tattoo on a black guy its there but very hard to see because there is no contrast (simmer down im not a racist, it was just an example)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had a friend who actually did paint his rubber boot. The paint started seperating almost immediately. He was then forced to buy and aftermarket boot. It was a total mess.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts