Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Titan is a little over a year old. And the spray in bed is almost completly White/Gray. I took it to the dealer and they took pics and sent them to Nissan Corp. Has anyone had the same experience? Just wondering? I'll post some pics when I get a chance.

·
Yea, I'm a freak..
560 Posts
I've heard of several others doing this and mine will do it after it rains but seems to go away as the sun dries it out. One thing I noticed is that the bed caps seem to trap soap from when you wash your truck and then the soap seems down into the bed when it rains causing the same effect.

·
Registered
1 Posts
spray on bed

There is a notice that came out recently about Nissan having problems with the bedliner. The dealership where I bought my truck is working with Rhino-liner to have the beds re-sprayed or so they said. It is a warranty problem.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Same problem.....

I just bought a 2005 Nissan Frontier Le 4x4. Saturday night it rained, Sunday morning my bed was white in some spots. Please e-mail me if you have a solution to this, or should I take it to the dealer???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update:

My dealer contacted me Friday and said Nissan was going to pay to have my bed sprayed with a Rhino-Liner at a local shop. He also said that they will provide me with a full size truck for 2 days while this is getting done.
I am very satisfied with this course of action. I think Rhino-Liner is much better quality than the OEM spray in bed.

So this sounds consistant with what others are hearing. So if you have this problem, take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I concacted the dealer and they said that they are aware of the problem, but they do not have a solution to it. I don't know about you, but I don't want to hear that when I buy a new truck with o miles on it. Does anyone know a corporate number or regional number to call about this. I don't think I am going to get anywhere with the dealer. They didn't even mention anything about a RhinoLiner. Plus, I have heard they have problems too. If anyone has a number, hit me up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Free Rhino Liners?

Geeze! I guess I should have gotten the bed package. In any case, if you get the Rhino liner you're going to be extremely happy with it. I got my 2005 Radiant Silver SE Crew with Big Tow, Popular Package, and floor mats just 3 weeks ago. The first thing I did was have a Rhino Liner sprayed in. That stuff is seriously tough, seriously quality, and well worth the $450 I paid to have it installed.

I picked up 2 yards of mulch on Sunday with my truck. I was hitting that Rhino Liner with a spade, metal shovel, you name it. I was shoveling mulch out of the back of the truck all day on Sunday. After repeated attempts at puncture wounds from a metal spade, nothing. Not even a scratch. I mean, I was shoveling and shoveling and tearing it up back there and there isn't a single blemish on the Rhino liner. I thought for sure I'd screw it up a little bit.

Then the best part, I grabbed my garden hose and started spraying out the remaining mulch to clean up the truck. Now, I did go over the bed with a sponge and some regular car washing soap. But the bed cleaned right up. I mean it looks just like the day I bought it.

Rhino Liner. Awesome stuff. I wish I could spray the entire truck with it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Before I installed my Truxedo LoPro bed cover, my bed was exposed to Wisconsin snow & rain for aprox. 3-4 weeks w/o any white spots. Maybe just a bad batch. It's good to here Nissan is doing something about it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Last week my dealer had the bed resprayed with Rhino Liner.
It looks great. Hope it holds up.
Here are some before and after pics.

Before

After

·
Registered
8 Posts
I hate to be a party pooper....

I'm a LINE-X dealer. Your Rhino is going to fade just as fast as the factory PPG liner. Here's the latest Rhino we stripped out and installed LINE-X. LINE-X has more than double the tear strength, a 75 degree higher temp tolerance, better chemical resistance, a NATIONWIDE lifetime warranty, and you won't see a LINE-X that looks like this (The liner is partially wet) (These are all scanned pics, so there's some loss of resolution):

And, you won't see Rhino's that look like this. These are LINE-X non-fading color matches:

And, you won't find a Rhino that can spray logos:

Here's a faded Titan bedliner:

Here's a LINE-X'd Titan (sort of a dark pic though):

·
Registered
85 Posts
Truckster, where you located? I noticed the dealer plate frame and know you are close-by. I may want my 98 Frontier bed sprayed with Line-X...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm in Fort Worth: 8155 Camp Bowie West, which is on the west side of Fort Worth. You want it sprayed over or under the rails?

I'm not bashing the competition, really, it's just that Rhino (100% polyurethane) is not the same product as LINE-X (blend of polyurethane and polyurea). Their chemical composition is different, they are applied differently, they look different, and they have different physical properties.

I've spent MANY hours researching the bedliner industry and I know more about it than the average person. I'm no Einstein, I've just done my homework. Let me know if you have any questions.

Cool pic; Benbrook Fire Dept brush truck. Everything black is LINE-X except the bumper.:

·
Registered
68 Posts
LineX vs. Rhino

Truckster, I totally agree w/ you 100%. I've had Line-X in an '02 Dakota and it was GREAT. I was throwing oak logs (50-75 lbs.) into the back of the truck and the truck bed was denting........zero damage to the Line-X!! I've seen other trucks w/ Rhino and it looks like a bad disease. It's all bubbly & soft. The Rhino owners were not very happy w/ the performance. So far, the factory lining in my '05 Nismo has been great. 8-10 truck loads of mulch, dirt, grass. ect....looks like brand new. I do have a Truxedo LoPro bed cover on to protect it from the elements when I not hauling.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks, I appreciate your comments.

Remember, Rhino was the first product on the market (about 12 years ago). They are still spraying the same stuff. There are better products available now. Rhino has great name recognition and they have had a very successful marketing campaign. But, as of 2004, according to Frost & Sullivan (an independent firm that monitors trends in the automotive industry) LINE-X now has the majority of market share (37%) and has surpassed Rhino Linings (in volume of material sprayed).

·
Registered
85 Posts
Truckster said:
I'm in Fort Worth: 8155 Camp Bowie West, which is on the west side of Fort Worth. You want it sprayed over or under the rails?
Don't know how I lost this thread...

Over the rails.

BTW, you are about 2 miles from where I work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had Rhino (Junk) have had Line-X on last two trucks and the liners last longer than the trucks. Way better than Rhino and cheaper.

·
Registered
1 Posts
White spots in bedliner

TSTSleeper said:
My Titan is a little over a year old. And the spray in bed is almost completly White/Gray. I took it to the dealer and they took pics and sent them to Nissan Corp. Has anyone had the same experience? Just wondering? I'll post some pics when I get a chance.

I just bought a 2005 Frontier. The first time I washed it, these white spots started to show up. It seems like it is getting worse. I will take it to the dealer and see if they have had any issues before. :thumbup:

·
Registered
38 Posts
On my truck i have noticed it is turning grey, i call the dealership and asked about it, he said he was ordering a kit to redo it and that it will be no problem fixing it at the body shop. I was hoping for a new spray on bedliner from line-x of even rhino. I guess i have to deal with it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts