Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
well buddy.. youve hit right !! that my department !! since i owned 2 now 1... most of all you got the soprt seat wich are nice, comftable, look darn good too me !! :) and they got some lateral support too... second thing ! :) you got the hatchback !!! :) that thing is sooooooooo nice since you can put a strut brace on those rear shock tower... (dont ask me ## or manuf, i didnt do it but sur thing there is no backseat problem)...
you get to have those sporty spring that came with the car in factory.. (those cost like 180$can at the dealer)... You also get that nice center console ready to get a CB or an EQ or another radio... mine had the radio amfm plus a 2nd unit tape deck... wich i took off anyway... the car handle great i cannot compare to the sedan since i didnt drove any but my tought is it should be a bit better (no hard thouths DUH)... the car seams also to have a lower roof when you seat inside it... mush sportier than the sedan...(sportcoupe DUH)... it got a real nice look from outside too ! :)

Down side : E16i... compare to ga16i... you lose 20hp.. but the car still fast !.. not to beat a civic thout but still accel great!...
how dont know how to say this but when you look over your shoulder to see the dead spot on your left its real hard cuz the small sized window there... but if your careful you wont cut anyone... less space on back seat and foot there are like sardines in cans... but who cares !! its a sport car !! :)

P.s the light in front are angle/ so is the dash... nothing from a sedan except mechanical part can be changed... and even so... some parts wont fit..(i was told)

Enjoy !!

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
also i forgot to mention ... the rear speaker are monted on the side of the rear seat, with a kick panel, (6x9)... and the sound is better like this... also im forgetting everything... the rear seat is foldable... so there is major space for transporting objects in there trust me !!

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
I would buy it just for the folding rear seat. The ONE thing I hate about my car. Putting my dirty mountain bike in the backseat is not something I enjoy.

BTW with the E16i engine you get some nice tuning abilities that you don't get with the GA16i.

J

·
0 Posts
What they said :)

I have the ga16i by the way, and I wish this thing had just a little more "get up and go". But getting 36 mpg is certainly a plus on my 70 mile commute each day!

·
S12 Fanatic
211 Posts
I gotta agree on the hatchback. There is no other body style with the combination of sportiness and utility. If necessary, I could fold down the seats on my 88 200SX hatch and sleep back there no problem. The only downside is the hatch is heavier to open than a trunk, and you have to replace the gas struts every few years, as they get old they have trouble holding up the hatch in cold weather. I don't know about the Sentra, but my 200 came with a really nice cover over the hatch which lifts up out of the way when you open the hatch and removes completely really easily. So no one can peer in and see what you might have in the back. I wish more companies would make 2-door 2+2 fastback-style hatches these days.

J

·
0 Posts
Yup, mine has the same cover for the rear compartment that lifts up when you raise the hatch. It's completely removable too. The retaining clips (damn plastick parts!) are all broken or missing though so it rattles a bit on bumps.

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Nick why are you going to buy a car if you are going away for university?? You are not going to need it if you are living in residence.

·
Garage Sultan
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RiceBox said:
Nick why are you going to buy a car if you are going away for university?? You are not going to need it if you are living in residence.
The thing is i am frequently doing many trips and lots of driving to kayaking training and competitions. When i go off to University the car will become my sisters so that kinda justifies the purpose. Nothing is finall yet, im still working out money and stuff. Also Im not sure if I want to go to Ontario for all of University. I might be able to save money by going to U of Calgary for the first year. I still dont know exactly how its all gonna work out...

By the way, thanx for all the responses guys. Im still talking wiht my parents about some stuff. I'll see how it goes!

-Nick

·
S12 Fanatic
211 Posts
Another argument for the hatchback! Lots more room for kayaking stuff. (Though the kayak itself will have to go on the roof I imagine.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts